• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how tight is your band?

jaynel

hi can you all give me some ideas as to how many mils you have in your band, and what you are able to eat? I have 10mls in a 14 ml band, and I can really eat anything x

I'm having ongoing issues with my band, it was completely empty for a couple of months I'm now back up to 10mls but prior to emptying was at 13mls. At whatever level I've still been able to eat anything and everything.

I'm at 6ml in a 10.5 ml band and struggle to eat some foods (meat, bread & anything too stodgy), but I can still eat a decent amount of the things I don't have problems with so I'm not sure whether I maybe need a small fill. It's difficult to know how tight "too tight" is. I definitely notice a point after a fill when I start to become hungry again between meals so I'm using that as the gauge at the moment....

I have 10.5 in a 14mil band and can eat most things including bread, meat, eggs, asparagus, etc. things I struggle most with are raw/cooked carrots and raw tomatoes. Most things ... But just in smaller quantities. Apart from chocolate LOL 200g COULD still be consumed in one very swift sitting, IF I chose to do :rolleyes:

Got only 3.5ml in a 10ml band. Had a defill of over 1.2 ml. Can eat absolutely everything. Fill in a month time.

Hi
I now have 6.5ml in a 10ml band. Had half a ml in on Tues so early days yet but feel very different from last months fill. Portions have been much smaller and I'm fuller for longer.

Like fbscpa, I tend to feel the effects of a fill for around one week, then notice the effects wear off, so after a week I usually know whether I need a further fill. Only been back on solids one day so not sure what to avoid yet although I think banana will be one thing as tried it and really felt it going down.

I also noticed how much I have to chew and follow the 20.20.20 rule since this fill as up to now I have managed to eat reasonably large portions without too much chewing or waiting in between bites. I wondered what restriction felt like, but I certainly know now.

I'm hoping to get my ticker back moving this week. It's been stuck for too long.

Mine is still empty. Surgeon happy that weight is coming off and I get full after small portions. Also not much hunger between meals at the moment. Next month could be a different story though!! X

Back