• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

how to pick your hospital?

Carolined

ok well after ringing around chasing up why my funding application has been going on for 9 months I found out it "had slipped through the net". I have now been given a list of hospitals to choose from (does this mean I have been approved?!)
so my question is, how do you decide which one? None of them are that local to me so I have no preference. ideas? xxx

If Chelsea and Westminster is on that list I would recommend without reservation!
It is a centre of excellence for bariatrics.
The online site Dr Foster which rates hospitals also has it ranked at the top.
Good luck x

I had a list of 10, and this is how I choose: I went through them all and looked at first geographically. How easy they were to get to by car (as my husband would be taking me and picking me up). When I eliminated some that were just impractical to get to, I had about 6 left. So I rang each of them and asked them 1: how long their waiting list was. 2: how many appointments I had to attend pre op. 3: how many operations their surgeon(s) had performed. 4: if they had a dedicated bay for bariatric patients. 5: what their after care package involved, and how long it was for. These were the things that concerned me, and I based my choice on the balance of the answers. I definitely made the right choice (St Richards, Chichester), as they have been brilliant.

Last edited:
I think St Richards is on your list.

I believe it has one of the quickest turnarounds x

Back