• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Funding approval in 1 Week...now how long?

Nikinattynoo

Hi,
My Doctors 'forgot' to send off my funding infomation in January and finally did it last week. I have confirmation today that funding has been approved and I now have a list of about 10 hospitals and I have to make a decision about which oone I would like to be referred to. any advice on how I go about finding waiting list times for NHS hospitals? any advice? they are mainly london hospitals thanksx

daisyduck

WOW thats quick - whereabouts are you ? I have just applied for funding and was wondering how long it usually takes. I am under Wandsworth PCT in London

Twix888

Hi my funding took only a week also and like you have been trying to find waiting times. I decided to choose St Richards in Chichester from all the good reports I have read on here. Not sure what was worse the fear of not getting funding or now the waiting for Hospital appointment.

chillie

daisyduck said:
WOW thats quick - whereabouts are you ? I have just applied for funding and was wondering how long it usually takes. I am under Wandsworth PCT in London

I am under Wandsworth pct daisy and it usually takes up to 28 days.so shouldn't be long.good luck.

twinkle toes

im in bradford n mine took 5 days for approval, check with ur doc as my pct sent letter to docs on 24 july (PCT recieved my referral on 19 july) i only found out yesterday

bex j88

Hi there. I'm new to this site so reading through all these stories really fills me with hope!
I had my referral sent off last Monday - I'm going to chase it tomorrow!
I'm in west Kent (Dartford) so hoping they are as quick as your pct!
So exciting to read your and others progress!!

bex j88

Twix888 said:
Hi my funding took only a week also and like you have been trying to find waiting times. I decided to choose St Richards in Chichester from all the good reports I have read on here. Not sure what was worse the fear of not getting funding or now the waiting for Hospital appointment.

Hi Twix 888
I have now been given my approval and the list of hospitals- I wonder if you could tell me how you're getting on with st Richards as I'm considering going for this one?
What were the wait times?
Thanks in advance!
Bex

k4rid4

im in bradford n mine took 5 days for approval, check with ur doc as my pct sent letter to docs on 24 july (PCT recieved my referral on 19 july) i only found out yesterday
twinkle toes, im in bradford, did they give you a choice of hospitals,, im confused, my doc said something about a choice of 4!!! im just wondering which has the shortest waiting times lol

tartanlady

welcome got my referral accepted on the phone in a day due to them not having all the information :) I think if you research all the hospitals you may get a idea of the waiting times or call the surgeons secretary and ask them am sure they wont mind

k4rid4

ohhh ryt can u just ring up the hospitals and ask lol never thort of that

twinkle toes

my letter was sent to my gp, i had a choice of 4 hospitals, leeds (st james and spire) bradford (bri) and york...i automatically chose BRI, and since i found out i got funding and chose my hosp ive seen the consultant, done my sleep apnea test and im seeing dietitian in 3 weeks, all goes well i will only have to have one more appointment after dietitian and thats to see consultant to go through my sleep apnea results and hopefully get put on waiting list xxx

Lush121

Hi,
My Doctors 'forgot' to send off my funding infomation in January and finally did it last week. I have confirmation today that funding has been approved and I now have a list of about 10 hospitals and I have to make a decision about which oone I would like to be referred to. any advice on how I go about finding waiting list times for NHS hospitals? any advice? they are mainly london hospitals thanksx

Not sure where you are in London? The Kings and St. Thomas / Guys waiting lists have been horrendously long even after funding has been agreed. I was first referred 2 years ago with funding. However they have just tried to clear some of their waiting list by referring a heap of us into the private sector and I had my op last week, finally! I think I saw a post saying they had their op done really quickly at University College Hospital, but you will need to check that out.

k4rid4

Ahh ryt twinkle toes. Thats gud, u have cum along way. Im goin for b.r.i to coz I only live round the corner. So im guessing it takes around a year from fundin to op.. Oooh cnt wait x x x

twinkle toes

6-9 months i was told hun but to be on safe side yeah 12 months lol, any questions feel free to ask me hun x

k4rid4

Thanks! Gud to hav people on the same level. Goin thru the same stress. God how do u manage to be so patient!