• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please help! how do you know?

lilmissairhead

this may seem like a really silly question but..... how do you know if your funding has been approved or not? i have had 2 appts with the psychologist and a 3rd tomorrow, i have had a sleep apneoa test (Still awaiting results) and the psychologist said that he has put me on the list for the op, i haven't seen anyone else and no-one has actually confirmed if funding has been approved.

Do you actually get told or recieve a letter?? sorry i know its a weird question but i'm just worried that i'm going to be told no after going through all of this. thanks in advance x

Last edited:
I am under Sunderland and at the Seminar we were told that to be invited to the Seminar we had already got our funding in place. I dont know about other hospitals though. x

Your right it is confusing, like the criteria, funding and everything I think each area is different.

I had a letter in Dec saying funding was agreed, so I was finished with the weight loss management team, and passed to the surgical team.

If i remember right you are a Walsall Manor patient. Ring Tracey Lowe at the Manor, she'll tell you xx

I'm an Ashford/St Peter's patient and my GP had to apply to the PCT Special Circumstances committee to request funding before he was allowed to refer me to the hospital.

It took 4 go's - application and 3 appeals against their original (and subsequent) decisions - to get the go ahead for funding from the PCT (apparently my local PCT refuse everyone at the first application and almost use the process of obtaining funding as an exercise to see how committed you are to the process!!) and, when the funding was approved, my GP received a letter from the PCT telling him and he got in touch with me.

I would ring your Bariatric team and ask them the status for your funding now you've come so far.

Tatiana

Good Luck Terri :) No one has told me I have funding either but as I have seen the surgeon & have an appointment for pre assessment, I assume I am OK. Gosh it is very trying especially as all PCT's seem to operate completely differently. :sigh:

Thank you, i assume i am ok as the psychologist told me yesterday he would see me after surgery and that i would probably be booked in for surgery about Jan/Feb next year, however working for the nhs myself i know not to assume anything lol, i hope all goes well for you Denise, good luck

Back