• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass - Open or Keyhole?

indianlight

Hi,

I'm having a bypass on 24th april and believed it would be keyhole. However, today I watched on tv a bypass op and the staple machine is HUGE! how do they get that in through a small hole?? I've got my pre op tomorrow so will ask then but was wondering what my fellow bypassers had experienced??

It will look huge, the images you see are highly magnified, so the surgeon can see what he is doing, the actual trocar that is used is only about 1.2cms wide. ;)

Crikey are you sure about that, it was shaw somers and he was doing open bypass and it certainly looked bigger than that...

They use different equipment for a laproscopic procedure hun.

Hi,

I'm having a bypass on 24th april and believed it would be keyhole. However, today I watched on tv a bypass op and the staple machine is HUGE! how do they get that in through a small hole?? I've got my pre op tomorrow so will ask then but was wondering what my fellow bypassers had experienced??

hi deb, good luck at your pre op asses tomoz, let me know how it goes hun.

liz xxx

yeah im sure they use different equipment for the keyhole surgery

Dont worry for keyhole it has to be able to fit in the actual hole.....my surgeon hand stitches so no staples...if your worried call and speak to your surgeons secretary she will be able to advice you and stop you worrying...xx

Dont worry for keyhole it has to be able to fit in the actual hole.....my surgeon hand stitches so no staples...if your worried call and speak to your surgeons secretary she will be able to advice you and stop you worrying...xx

hand stitches the actual pouch? ive never heard of that :confused:

Back