• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Any help is appreciated

edge

Hi guys,just wondering if anyone can give me any advise as to how I should be doing 4days after bypass,got home yesterday,still in pain especially from upper keyhole sights(ok if I don't move)since I have been home have had 3 poos all really black,don't know if this will carry on for a while or not,I know everyone is different but a few words of wisdom may be reassuring for me,many thanks.

Last edited:
I was still in pain for about 10 days afterwards. I was constipated, so I didn't go for a while, but when I did my poo was black. I hope this helps you a little :)

I had a sleeve done and was exactly the same as you. Your poo is black because it's old blood from your op so don't worry it's normal. Don't worry about pooing as there's not a lot going in so not a lot coming out! I go once a week now.
It will all get better honestly x

First thing I'd say is everyone IS different! The poo thing's old blood and could take a while to clear but if you're really concerned, then seek advice. The wind could well be from the gas pumped into your abdomen so the surgeon can check for leaks. Your breath could be the result of basically "starvation mode" as your body's breaking down its fat reserves to use as energy. The pain from your port sites should subside, just watch out for the upper left one! It's usually the biggest and the one that's been wiggled about with the most.
I know this sounds crazy, but moving about may actually help - especially with the wind. Gravity and all that!
You're only a few days out and it's a VERY scary time indeed - you don't really know what to expect and what's ok and what's not! Concentrate on keeping to your diet sheet and taking your meds (says she stuffing her face with Lansoprazole..) These things should all settle eventually - can't give you a time frame though! Must stress again, though, if you're really worried seek medical advice. Maybe write it all down, give them a ring, and tick them off one by one.

Wibble said:
First thing I'd say is everyone IS different! The poo thing's old blood and could take a while to clear but if you're really concerned, then seek advice. The wind could well be from the gas pumped into your abdomen so the surgeon can check for leaks. Your breath could be the result of basically "starvation mode" as your body's breaking down its fat reserves to use as energy. The pain from your port sites should subside, just watch out for the upper left one! It's usually the biggest and the one that's been wiggled about with the most.
I know this sounds crazy, but moving about may actually help - especially with the wind. Gravity and all that!
You're only a few days out and it's a VERY scary time indeed - you don't really know what to expect and what's ok and what's not! Concentrate on keeping to your diet sheet and taking your meds (says she stuffing her face with Lansoprazole..) These things should all settle eventually - can't give you a time frame though! Must stress again, though, if you're really worried seek medical advice. Maybe write it all down, give them a ring, and tick them off one by one.

Thanks Wibble ,yeah think your right I will try and chill out about it all ,and just go with the flow,your right about the left port that is the one most sore for me,think you are probably also right about starvation mode as with regards to my breath,have had something similar when I was on lighter life ,As you say try and get the eating part right,for long term benefits,feel little bit more informed now and will see if things settle down,Thanks again.x

hope you feel better soon :) and i think Wibble gave good advise x

Very good advice, wibble!

If you are even slightly worried about anything, ask professional advice. Don't just sit and fret! You are entitled to help so don't be too nervous or too embarrassed to ask for it. Good luck!

Please don't worry black poos is the excess blood from the op it will pass I had pain 4 days out but will get better
Good luck

I felt like I'd been run over by a train for the first 5-6 days.

I think at the time I felt like I'd been knocked over by a car onto the railway tracks where I got thrown in the air by a train then landed underneath the wheels of a juggernaut and rolled down the embankment into the path of an oncoming steamroller that proceeded to squish me.
Not that I'm wanting to put anyone off,mind..:D

Wibble said:
I think at the time I felt like I'd been knocked over by a car onto the railway tracks where I got thrown in the air by a train then landed underneath the wheels of a juggernaut and rolled down the embankment into the path of an oncoming steamroller that proceeded to squish me.
Not that I'm wanting to put anyone off,mind..:D

Your funny,hee.x

Back