• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Howdy everyone

Beckiboo

Hi

My name is Becky and Im 26 soon.
I paid privately in July 2009 for a gastric band.
Up until Dec 2009 I lost 3 stone.

Then it all went very wrong and I was rushed to hospital twice over the Xmas period and was in for two weeks and recovering for 3 months after.
I've just had it confirmed my band is not longer working, my body is rejecting it.
Apparently this quite common with the band.
The NHS have agreed to take it out.
However my weight is going up again and I am petrified of being without the restriction. Therefore I am planning on a conversion.

I am waiting to see if the NHS will fund this.
It seems very unlikely, so I am faced with having to pay privately again, which is depressing to say the least, but I cannot allow myself to return back to my old self, especially when I still have weight to lose.

Anyway I am reading up on the bypass as much as possible. Any advice or tips anyone can give would be very much appreciated!!!

Thank you
xx

Beckiboo said:
Hi

My name is Becky and Im 26 soon.
I paid privately in July 2009 for a gastric band.
Up until Dec 2009 I lost 3 stone.

Then it all went very wrong and I was rushed to hospital twice over the Xmas period and was in for two weeks and recovering for 3 months after.
I've just had it confirmed my band is not longer working, my body is rejecting it.
Apparently this quite common with the band.
The NHS have agreed to take it out.
However my weight is going up again and I am petrified of being without the restriction. Therefore I am planning on a conversion.

I am waiting to see if the NHS will fund this.
It seems very unlikely, so I am faced with having to pay privately again, which is depressing to say the least, but I cannot allow myself to return back to my old self, especially when I still have weight to lose.

Anyway I am reading up on the bypass as much as possible. Any advice or tips anyone can give would be very much appreciated!!!

Thank you
xx

Good Becky,what a shame,you must feel pretty desperate,as far as the NHs goes if you meet the criteria don't see why they won't fund you,other than that its an awful lot of money,hopefully you get the answers you need x

I hope you get help on the nhs, at least you've tried. I love my bypass, it allows me to live a near normal life. GL x

Back