• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hows everyone doing feeling down.

purrdreamz

I have not posted for a while now, i was just wondering how everyone was getting along, i had my bypass just over 2 years ago now i am finding myself starting to eat the wrong foods again i thought i would not be able to eat chocolate or biscuits or bread but i am finding i can now eat pretty much what i want again, so feeling really low and fed up with myself.
Although i am not putting any weight back on sticking at just over the 8 stone loss mark.
Just wondering if anyone else is finding the same problem. :cry:

Hello im not post op yet so cant help but just wanted to say great loss so far and big hugs cos your feeling down :( xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm only at 6 weeks post op so not much help but just wanted to show my support. It's our head issues that got us overweight in the first place and it's something I know I'm going to have to work hard on. My only suggestion us that you start a dairy to not only log what you are eating but how you are feeling too.

Yes someone mentioned before a food mood diary to help see what you reach for and why so you can address! I'm fine all day but know killer hours are between 5.30-8.30pm....not boredom as such (but it is)! Winding down after work and unless I go out to gym, bike ride etc, I sit, put tv on and then snack/carb brain kicks in....it's what you do to overcome this that matters! Never easy but not impossible!!! Good luck! You've still done so well so don't forget the bigger picture...but great you've realised it could be the road to ruin if not tackled soon x

Hello fellow Essex Girl

I had my bypass in Nov 2009, and am experiencing a similar situation.

I find I can eat most things, i.e. chocolate, crisps, biscuits etc. Not so much bread though, that still can get stuck.

I do feel guilty when eating these things, but I keep reminding myself that before the bypass I would of ate all these things but at least 10 times the amount. Instead of a couple of biscuits it would of been the whole pack. Instead of a couple bits of chocolate it would of been several bars etc.

Some days I do find I snack alot more, which I know is not good and my weight fluctuates between 9st 13 & 10st 12, but to be honest, I've been like this a long time now and its what I'm happy with.

Sometimes when I read certain posts from others preaching about how the bypass is a tool, and we must not eat this and must not eat that I just laugh. Most of the people saying that are not two years post op and seem to think they are experts !

Everyone is defferent and every ones body is different. You have to find a way of eating and maintaining that suits you, it may not be ideal to others, but tough, its what you feel happy with that matters.

Remember a little of what you like does not hurt.

Back