• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Feeling down

surely sarah you should have had your six week check up appointment through, you must be nearly six weeks out..

Oh ladies please believe those who have gone through it and say it will happen. Im hanging onto every word people are saying on here. I don't get weighed until Monday but feel I havnt lost anything this week. I'm struggling like mad - not eating or drinking enough and Iv felt very low these past couple of days even telling my husband I regret having this done. I just want to gulp down a glass of water to quech my thirst but I know I can't! But like everyone says on here and he also said, it won't last forever and this introductory stage will soon be over! Good luck and stay strong and positive xxx

girls yous are doing brill i had my surgery 24 may and i lost same weight as yous bu t im happy with the way it is going slowly and my shape as changed so much was buzzing got a top from next size 20 brill feeling keep up the good work x

I am 8 weeks post op I have had 2 weeks nil loses & 3 weeks only 2lbs. At my 7 week check i actually said to surgeon i didnt think he had done it, he laughed & assured me he had. I thought i would be losing more but then i have lost 30lbs since preop so am grateful for that. lost a lot the first 2 weeks. Anyway this week I know iv had it done because i had an evening of feeling sick, heaving like mad although not actually sick, which i have never had before. Really being careful now as it was awful. I put on a lb overnight depressing but then my fault for standing on the scales 2 days running. I just hope that even though its coming off really slowly it will all be worth it. Do what you have to do to reassure yourselves as it will help to keep your mood up, we all seem to suffer with low spirits after surgery but im trying to look forward to a few months time in the hope this weight will move. Good luck to all of you.

Thanks everyone for your messages of reassurance, I am sure it'll be ok, and it's just a case of being patient and plodding on. I am 6 weeks post op next Tuesday, and not had a follow up appt through at all. However, am going to the support group on Friday so will speak to the team then. On the plus side, after falling out of my jeans last week I bought a new pair today, a size 28 (from a 34, 6 weeks ago) and they fit, in fact they are too big around the thighs, but I've got quite a large bum and overhang, so fitted ok there. That was a small boost but Happy with that.
Xx

Thanks everyone for such positive messages!! It's good to know you aren't the only one in the world feeling like this.. Will speak to my dietician on monday to check all is okay, and then I am just going to keep plodding on until I go on the 27th Sept for my post op check up and then I want all the gory details about my op lol!! At least that way I shall know if they have really done a full bypass!! xxx

Back