• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hunger

katstofat

well thats not quite right i dont really feel hungry but im nearly 3 weeks post op and still on liquids as mr ammorie now insists on 3 weeks, the thing is im beginng to feel very slight hunger and i wonderd if this was normal or is it because we stay on liquids longer than a lot of other pepps. or is it just head hunger. i must admit im really sick of soup and cant wate to go on purees. i keep fantasising about wat i can have then and d you think i will be ok to try something on sunday. the dietition said that cod in butter sauce would be ok puredd ( i would not use all the sauce) so i want that and some caulli . hope someone can help ty....................kath x

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Hi Katz
The fish sounds fine but you will not be able to manage a whole portion. Make it up and divide it in to 3 portions :) and see how that goes. Als I find the protein shakes or the milk with added skimmed milk powder in it very filling. you can make a coffee with this, have you tried it.

Hope you enjoy the fish :)

Xx

yes i have a lot of millky coffee its wats been keeping me going, i have WW tomato or chiken soup and i make my own veg soup i just keep changing things to make it a bit different. i also have oxo, horliks, white choc options, fresh orange juice, milk with marvel mixed in thats about it really. i tried slimfast summerberry smoothy and fund it disgusting. next week im goingto make pea soup and put some slices of tined ham in. yes i know i wont be able to eat all the fish so ill freez it and then ill have some in . ive also got soe aunt bettys mash in so i will try a bit of that to should go nic with the fish, or maybee some pured beens. oh im making myself feel really hungry i ant wate for next week. did you start with judt one small meal a day at first then increass it to 2 etc as you get more used to havin thicer food in your pouch. just been lookin at some reipe books on amazon so i think ill treat myself to one..............kath x

Hi Kath

I started with a really sloppy half of weetabix in some of my milk ration for brekky on day 1 of sloppies.

then I had about 2 teaspoons of cauli cheese or fish pie cant remember which it was now at lunch and a couple of teaspoons of fruit puree. I was stuffed lol.

Bye evening meal I really wasnt feeling very hungry but made myself eat something just to make sure i get into good eating habits and not skip meals.

Now today, I had my wake up milky coffee and come breakfast time I couldnt face anything so I was naughty and skipped it. I then had my tuna moosh ( 2 teaspoons) for lunch and a fruit puree (half pot)

For tea I had some cauli cheese and a teaspoon of mashed potato.

I have managed all my fluids today and my fruit purees/smoothies. I shall try to have brekky again tomorrow as this skippin breakfast malarky is an old habit I wish not to repeat.

I was told to start my sloppies 2 weeks post op Kath, which was this tuesday.

It sounds like you have similar taste to me, I only liked the chicken or tomato ww soups and hated the slimfast lol.

You should be able to have smooth yoghurts too whilst still on liquids as long as you strain the bits out. The mandarin muller lite and the blueberry are nice and the rhubarb as long as you dont get a 'woody' stringy bit (bleurgh). These filled me up too. I could manage about half a pot slowly twice a day whilst on liquids.
:)

Oh, so we can have pure orange juice?!

I'm 10days behind you, had bypass at Salford Royal.
Seems 3wk on the liquid diet is a bit much, when some ppl are only told to do it for a week?

This is my second week on it now, craving potato, meat, veg & Gravy!!
Im also having WW soups, also liking the Heinz Pea & Ham sieved. Muller Light Yoghurts go down well, half at a time.
Toffee and the Banana custard ones have no bits in.
Tea/Coffee too, oh and WW ice cream pots. Mmmm.

Im same as you tho, gettin sick of liquid stuff, need more consistancy!! WANNA CHEW AGAIN!! :D

Back