• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hungry 12 days after bypass

Beluca

Hi all,

Yesterday I felt hungry for the first time since my op. I had 1/2 weetabix for breakfast, 4 tblsp chicken soup (puréed) for lunch, petit filous for snack and 4 tbsp cauliflower cheese for dinner (puréed). Was worried wasn't having enough so tried another tbsp of dinner but it was way too much and I thought I was going to be sick. Then I had milky decaf coffee at nighttime. I think I have portion sizes and types of foods right, so why am I feeling hungry?!!

I am nervous to try anything else or up my portions for fear of being sick.

Please help!

X

Beluca what symptoms do you have of hunger. I can honestly say that even 9 months post I very rarely feel hungry and its not like it used to be. I can't remember any hunger at all in the early days, i felt like eating and drinking took my days up if it wasnt one it was the other.

I felt like that around 4/5 days after surgery. I was so disappointed, thinking although full quickly I didn't want to feel hungry so soon. I spoke to someone who had the bypass a few years ago and they said they thought it was head hunger rather than actual hunger. When you start to feel better you can start to think/crave something more substantial that purée and I think she was right. I haven't felt hunger this week at all as I've stopped thinking about what I need to eat and when so often. So maybe it is that for you? have a think and see in what way you feel hungry. I think your portions sound fine to me so I don't think you have to worry about under/over eating x

Difficult to describe. I feel lightheaded, tummy grumbling, headaches. Could be dehydration. Maybe it isn't real hunger but more a compulsion to eat. But it's disappointing because as you say wasnt expecting to feel hungry, especially not this early :( feeling really down about it to be honest. :(

Well headache can be dehydration, but the grumbling tumm is usually just the food and liquid going round your tubes mine still does that al the time. I get bit light headed when I need carbohydrates, or if i have had something too sweet, keep a diary and see if there is a pattern xx

Thanks Chrisa and Shelley-Marie, you've made me feel a bit better.

Going to up my water and see how that effects me.

x

i feel like that as well not sure why im hungry
dont feel ihave any restriction worried that im going to over eat or start snacking

Back