• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hungry and two weeks post op

gillabean

Really living now!
Help!!!! I've been on the website theworldaccordingtoeggface which was recommended by Nic. Oh my goodness, it all looks so lovely, I can't believe that I will be able to eat such lovely food one day! But that's the problem, I now want something yummy and not sloppy. But after my excursion into retch world last week I am not going to push my pouch. Has anyone any ideas of something yummy that I could have now? I don't want soup or cream cheese or yoghurt.

Custard, avacado, mashed corned beef, mashed baked beans, mashed spud with gravy. Hot milk, maybe with protein powder. Very sloppy scrambled egg (a bit dubious of this one).

Ice cube? You can suck and crunch that one.

Errrrmmm... if I think of anything else I will be back.

Are we allowed custard, I thought it would be too high in sugar. I could mash up some banana and have nana and hot custard, fab!

I have a small tub of Ambosia low fat custard in my fridge, it's been there ages. You could be right, it's got 12% sugar so it's marginal. You could make your own using eggs and cornflour and use Splenda instead of sugar.

Or, you could make some NAS Angel Delight. I have some Tesco own brand version that has 8.3gm sugar per half sachet made up with 150ml SS milk. Thats choc flavour, the strawberry has 9.4gm. I suspect the real NAS A-D has more otherwise I would have bought that.

I haven't had the custard or A-D since the op so can't say for sure how I react to them, but it is another choice.

John xx

Now Glenville, you know that you are supposed to be my guinea pig, my trail blazer. Or maybe you are the Queen's taster? After my 'episode' I am scared to try anything new (me! scared! never before have those two words been spoken in the same sentence). My lad went out and got my avocados and lemon so I will have that for my treat tonight, while I watch the replay of Strictly. What an exciting life I have.

Just in the interest of science I have made up half a pkt of the NAS choc dessert, it is resting as I type. If I don't come back and report i would suggest you give it a miss.

John xx

Well I made it through the night without incident! My blood sugar was slightly elevated prior to going to bed but still withing acceptable limits.

The choc dessert was very nice but I wouldn't make a habit of eating it. It was good for a weekend treat.

John xx

OK John, as you didn't koofer it during the night I will have a go today! Now, about that arsenic soup ...............

;)glad your ok john phew, any chance of you trying some sweet chilli dip ? lol think thats the only thing im going to miss post op .We will have to call you John the brave! Chief food tester lol:king2:

;)glad your ok john phew, any chance of you trying some sweet chilli dip ? lol think thats the only thing im going to miss post op .We will have to call you John the brave! Chief food tester lol:king2:

I think I will pass on that one too. Sounds like a bit too much sugar for me. ;)

John you could start charging for this service! Food taster for the losers bench... They could send recipes in for you to cook and then taste and it could be payment by results... If you don't dump or get ill from the food (which of course they pay for) you've had a nice meal, if you do dump etc then you get paid for saving them the unnecessary suffering?

What do you think? Money spinner here for you lol xx

Oh and Gillabean, i got an ex who could try the arsenic soup but they haven't had a bypass, sorry :)

How are ya feeling now gill and have u found any alternatives that are yummy x

Asda beans and sausages, blended but tasted OK and filled me up. Plus, grapes. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to have them but I do chew them well and I love them. And unfortunately those crispy things, look like little chips but curly. I ate a whole packet last night and it took about half an hour as I nibbled away, lovely!

Sorry if I am too harsh but I mean it with love, please know that I am only saying this because I care. Really Gill, grapes and crisps 2 weeks post-op?? Bad girl!!! No fruit skins are allowed before solid food so skip grapes hun, you could be tempting fate and chucking them back up next time. And as for crisps, shame on you. You have just had major surgery hun. Take it easy on yourself please, I would hate to see you struggle later. Do not let yourself go wrong so early, you can have the occasional crisp, candy or other rubbish down the road, as many of us do, me included, as we get further out but don't start out that way, be strong now and you will be so pleased with your progress later down the road, I promise!

Nic;)

Thanks Nic, I didn't know about the fruit skins. Obviously I knew about the curly crisp things! I can't believe it's only been two weeks, feels like forever. What else can I have then, at this stage? I eat soups, mullerlight yoghurts, shepherds pie and bananas, is there anything else? Oh, I had avocado today too, and cream cheese triangles.

My provider only says :
porridge (OK), reddy brek (yuk), weetabix (yuk)
liquidised soups (OK), mashed potato (bit yuk)
shepherds pie (OK), fish in sauce (yuk)
sf Angel delight (yuk), low sugar milkshake, yoghurt, fruit juice

Help. Please.

How about scrambled egg - very loose, stewed apple - chew any remaining lumps. Vegetable juice - V8 is quite nice with some worcester sauce.

Back