• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hungry and two weeks post op

Yes, it's amazing how different the teams ideas of how to take the food stages. Charing Cross say liquids for 10 days, pureed to day 28, soft food up to end of week 12 then normal food. I'm effectively doing mostly the pureed but chopping meats very finely rather than puree. Just the idea of pureed meat makes me want to puke.

I agree it is so odd how much the dietary instructions vary and frankly it is a pet peeve of mine, we all have the same surgery (bypassers only of course) but are told such very different things!

Okay so Gill you are on purees by instruction I believe right? If so you can have a wide variety of things that are tasty. I'll list a few to get you started, maybe other people can join in and add things.

Sugar-free vanilla custard topped with warm surgar-free apple sauce
Spicey swede & carrot mash (use chicken broth to puree boiled veg, add curry powder & salt)
Kiddie fruit cups (usually peach & pear, get the kind in fruit juice)
Prawn salad spread blitzed smooth
Hummus
Pate
Salmon mousse
'Fake' lasagne (ricotta, pureed tomato sauce with fine ground mince, topped with mozzarella & parm cheese)
Baked acorn squash pureed with cream cheese
Mexican bean dip (beans pureed with tomato salsa, baked and topped with cheese)

Let me know if you need more suggestions or cooking instructions for any of the above.

Nic;)

Thank you Nic, and lovely new photos! You all look really good. I will try some of these suggestions, especially the fake lasagne. I'll just have to soldier on, even the thought of pureed food makes me gag and I can't wait for this stage to be over to tell you the truth. Only one and a bit more weeks to go and then I can get onto mashed foods, yay!

Glad I could help, thanks for the lovely compliments. I know that eating your food in weird ways (purees are for babies, lol) is hard but it is really worth it when you are able to transition easily to the next stage because you have given your pouch time to heal. That is the most important thing to remember, you might personally be frustrated with the food but you pouch needs to heal and if you irritate it with the wrong foods too early you may be in for a bumpy ride and who needs that? Just treat the food like medicine that the pouch needs to it's job and you will soon be onto the next stage and back to enjoying food.

Nic:p

Gill, I didn't see this thread till last night and I typed out some ideas for you then the lappy crashed grrrrrr! :sigh:

Have you managed to find some more things you like now hun?

Cuppa xx

Potted yorkshire beef spread with a tiny amount of sweet chilli sauce.

Purreed tinned chilli.

Well mashed/chewed banana.

Pureed cottage cheese with chives.

Back