• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So Fed Up

Hi

im so down at the moment, im crying at everything. I know its normal during the last few weeks before wls, but it isnt easy to cope with.

now my mum is worried as she thinks i am getting depressed. i had very bad post natal depression, more than 20 years ago.

no matter how much i try to tell her im not, she seems convinced i am.

anyway ive decided that the best course of action is just to stock up on tissues and just keep plodding on

sallie

Hi Sallie,

Weightloss surgery is a major thing and it is bound to bring out many different emotions in you, both good and bad. What you know as life now will soon be changing and a huge chunk of your life will be very different. But what you have to remember is that it's all good; many positive, life changing opportunities are coming your way and you have to grab them and run with them and you will be so pleased you did! :D

Stay positive and look forward to the future, it's yours for the taking. :clap:

Good luck,
Cuppacocoa xx :hug99:

Its a funny old feeling isnt it, the way we feel in the run up to our operation, but its totally normal, it must be for so many of us to be feeling it.
My op is in two weeks time and I found that out yesterday.
I am thrilled beyond belief and am not very scared of the surgery, Ive had minor surgery before and I always come round fine so I know that part of it will be fine.
I was lay in bed last night and it just hit me, my life is about to change in a very big way and it just wont be the same again and that is a VERY big deal.
When we are doing all of the stuff that we have to do to actually get the surgery we are so focused on that bit of it that we dont let ourselves truly think about what it is going to be like afterwards because we are scared of getting our hopes up and having them dashed.
So there we are, the battle almost over and then start to think about what its going to be like and man oh man is that a daunting prospect.
I am eager for the changes that are coming to me and I feel sooooooooo positive, but for some reason today I feel incredibly needy and a little bit emotional, I am holding it together well but it wouldnt take a huge thing to send me over the edge into crying.
I am not truly scared and I am very positive and excited, but I still have this weird emotional ache inside today that I cant control, it feels a little alien because I have no control over it but it must be very normal.
We are starting a whole new phase of life...what an amazing thing that is xxx
Steph xx

huge hugs. im just the same so know how your feeling xxxx

Big hugs Sallie, hope you start to feel better soon sweetheart. Its a major thing in your life what you're about to do so its to be expected. You will be fine once your surgery is over and you start your new healthy,slimmer lifexxxxx

Me too! It is emotional. In a way I have received so much comfort from my over-eating and after 12th November, I won't be able to get comfort in that old, familiar way. It's like going to a very strange, unfamiliar place on holiday, when you don't know the language or the people, even though you really want to go there, it's still scarey. I'll miss some of it, in a weird, 'I must be mad' kind of way. I'll have to deal with my emotions, instead of stuffing them down with food. But the benefits!!!!! You'll be light on your feet, no longer will food have a strangle hold on you. You'll be so much healthier and can look forward to a healthy, positive life. The world is your oyster! You're not on your own, there are quite a few of us being done in the next 6 weeks or so. Take care hunnie, there's always someone on here, fab isn't it!!!

Hiya Sallie

Im sorry your feeling down hun! There is nothing wrong with having a cry though! Its a good release of pent up emotion. Why operations will you be having? Either way you are making a cracking life choice and I applaud you for making the decision.
Have a cry and take a few hugs off us all.
Good luck and keep us updated.
Thinking of you
Sally x

Sallie I hope you feel better soon as you say it is natural to have bad days post op it is such a huge change to your life and there is so much to contend with but you will be fine I know you will
Your mum is just doing what us mums do, worry about our babies lol doesnt matter how old you get, I am the same.
She is just looking out for you, and that is good.
You will I am sure soon get over your post op blues when you feel stronger and more in control
Good luck

Jay xx

thanks everyone, its so nice to have so much support, im having a band two weeks tomorrow and i know its the best thing ive ever decided to do.

I think i didnt realise just how emotional it would make me. my mums just phoned me to tell me that she loves me and now that ive explained why im feeling fed up she says that she wont nag me.

i had the worst morning at work ever, everything i did went wrong and in the end i just sat and cried. everyone i work with know im having surgery and are really supportive and understanding, within minutes i was given a cuddle, a cuppa and a tissue.

my health has been getting steadily worse for the past couple of years, i have terrible asthma, also really high blood pressure and a few other problems. hopefully these will improve after the surgery.

sallie :)

Hello Sallie.

Sorry to hear you feeling a bit weepy and down, but don't get phased by it because its perfectly natural and something a lot of us go through.

It will improve in time as will your health problems (I've not had an Asthma attack for over a month now), but don't expect the weepyness to just disappear overnight when you have the op.

I was bawling my eyes out this afternoon in the cafe in town for no reason whatsoever and am now four months post op. Its just this rollercoaster ride we are on, plays havoc with out emotions, but it will settle down in time, of that I'm sure.

Good luck with everything.

(((HUGS))))
xx

thanks bonita

i realize its not going to be an easy journey and the tearful days im ready for. i just cant wait to get it done.

its nice to hear your asthmas getting better. my surgeon did say i should see an improvement as the weight comes off.
i hope so as the bad days are starting to out weigh the good days

sallie

Hi Sal

Is it possible that the time of year is also making you feel weepy, I think I mentioned it somewehere before but when the nights start drawing in and we have less daylight hours it has a negative effect on the mood of a lot of people.

The impending surgery is naturally going to play havoc with how you feel, you may be having a double whammy at this time of year though. If like you say the bad days are begining to outweight the good, maybe you might look at trying to use some light therapy and see if that helps.

Hope your feeling perkier soon, Take care Xx

I think Swizzlestick is right about trying light box, I know people who swear by theirs and have found that any seasonal blues/depression is much relieved. Hope you feel better soon chick x

Sorry to hear you are feeling so sad - I have to say I have gone through many emotions since I received my date for op last week. Some of them were the same as others who have posted and it is so helpful to know that what we are feeling isn;t unusual and that such good results are just waiting for us

Chin up and stock up on the tissues - gonna be a bumpy ride, but well worth it lol!

Hi Sallie, Sorry you're feeling weepy at the moment. Have you (or any of the others feeling like this), thought about taking something like Rescue Remedy, which can be bought from Holland and Barratt or a chemist. It's supposed to help stabilise your emotions. It helped me today at a funeral I attended. Check it won't interfere with any medication (doesn't usually).

Rebirth

It's a rough time. You know you're doing something good for yourself but it is a leap into the unknown. Can I really achieve what I want; will I lose my best friend...food? Will I have a long recovery? Will I be ok?

They're all realistic questions. However, assuming you've made some type of pros/cons list before deciding to have WLS you've realized that you need it. You wouldn't be having it on a lark. It's something you realize is going to help you live a longer, healthier life.

Plus, you will be able to eat again. You won't lose food from your life. You won't eat like you used to but you won't be living on carrot sticks for the rest of your life. I can eat anything -- just in lesser quantities.

Believe me, life is easier when you feel better & look better. Imagine not wondering what you're going to wear in the morning b/c it all fits & looks nice. Imagine bending down & feeling good your back not aching, your BP going down. That's what's waiting for you. :)

Also, I don't know if you see a therapist but I found it extremely helpful -- esp. during the first couple of years postop.

I was just talking to my husband about this and asked him a silly question that popped into my head, I asked him if he would still love me after i lose all my weight as he has only known me as cuddly Lisa and he will wake up in the morning to a new slender Lisa and not the tubby lady he knew and married, he will think there is another woman in his life replacing his wife and he said, bless him, of course i'll still love you, i will always love you no matter what size you are. He has put a massive smile on my face saying that.

Back