• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

diet again sorry

mandyl

sorry to be worrying/moaning again but can anyone put my mind at rest.
the diet is awful not because im hungry but cos i feel kinda ill if that makes any sense? up at 4 again feeling rough . i feel flu like without the cold symptoms and headachy and sick. i managed 3 pints of milk instead of 4 as it just makes me feel sick. im not giving up but just need to know if this is normal? thanks guys xx

Hi,

I cant really help with this as I didnt have to do the milk diet but I'd guess its fairly normal to not take to it straight away, its a big change to what you'd usually have.

xxxx

Are you allowed sugar free jelly on your version of the milk diet? If you are, you can make milk jelly. Make a pint of jelly using a tiny bit of boiling water (about 3-4 fluid ounces) to melt the jelly and when it is cooled down making it up to a pint with milk. I find it really tasty as a sweet treat (like a nice creamy mousse or blancmange) and it could be a very good way of using up one of your pints of milk.

You could also make coffee with hot milk which might be a bit more filling and tasty (it might be more filling and satisfying 'cos it's warm)

And, if you are allowed Sugar Free Squash, why not look at Sugar Free Crusha milk shake syrup? You might find that a bit tastier than plain milk.

I haven't done the pre-op diet yet and I am dreading it but stick to it Mandy and it will all be worth it. (And just think how impressed Mr S will be by your lovely skinny and sexy liver:flirt2:)

love

TillyBob

Mandy hun ur body is detoxing at the moment and thinkin "OMG WHAT IS HAPPENING !" u must remember you are used to eating what ever you want to and suddenly you are only having liquids so ur body is in shock but in a good way, i when i am detoxing or if the first few days of a vlcd always get headaches, feel cold and feel like crap so its normal so pls dont worry.

Are you still having the pains you had, i def think they are trapped wind and that is so painful, last night i drank bout 3/4 lts of sugar free orangeade and omg within 40 mins i was crying in pain, i could not even stand up (i have a very high pain threshold as i have chronic sciatica but this pain was horrendous) it was in my ribs,my side and down my arm if i did not know any better i would of thought i was having a heart attack.
I took 3 tabs for trapped wind, was only meant to take 2 but i was in so much pain i took 4 and within 30 mins the pain was gone, i was farting and burping all night though :):)

Hun ur doing so well just pls keep ur eyes on the prize "your op in 6 days time and the start of a new life for you"
I know u can do this and u know u can do this u just need to start believing in Mandy more, take care xxx

Hiya Mandy,
Great advice from the other girls already.
Sorry I can't really help with your question as I didn't do the milk diet, But just wanted to say YOU CAN DO THIS!!
Stay strong & Good luck!!

thanks everyone. rang dietician and my mind was put at rest.
felt awful last night but todays another day. xxx

if you allowed fruit on your diet i made fruit milkshakes just for a change as im not a milk drinker i only ever managed 3 pints a day so dont worry hunny you'll make yourself ill if you keep worring about everything x x x x take care sarah

Back