• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So fed up!!!

helen144

:(Iam so fed up im seeing Mr Ammori on thursday at Salford and i rang the secretary this morning to find out whether i will get my op date then and she said no, they have a massive waiting list and people are not been seen by the psychiatrist, they have 50 people waiting to be seen by the them and Mr Ammori can only operate on 4 people a week so thats at least 12 weeks not including the foreseeable future where people are already booked in so looks like im in for one long wait, im so cross, i thought that they weresupposed to be working on an 18 week treatment target, i even work for the NHS and have all my life aaaaahhhhhhhhhh im so frustrated, i so wish i had the money to pay private.

I know everyone is in the same position and i feel for them too.

a very upset Helen

It is possible she also looks after other surgeons lists and that is the total waiting for them all. But no matter what length you wait you will get there eventually and you will be so pleased with the results

Oh my God, NO. My heart just sank to the deepest depths. Oh the despair :(.

Tendersage, I do hope so. Helen & I are seeing the surgeon in the same hour.

Just remember no matter how long the wait it will eventually make your life a lot better and any amount of time is worth that

I was told my op would be in April and still haven't heard anything, so we can wait together :D:D

Awwww I'm sorry your feeling down right now and its understandable, I hate the waiting game, but just try and remember, You WILL BE GETTING IT DONE!! try and keep ya chin up love. (((HUGS)))

Helen,
I was on the phone with the secretary and I got a different story. The secretary's main issue seems to be expected delays in psych evaluations but I also understand that not everyone might need to have a psych evalution. I suspect she is erring on the side of caution (a bit too much perhaps). To me, she suggested the op might be in May, though she did not commit herself to this. SRH prides itself on its top hospital rating. I'm sure or at least I hope and pray that they will be doing everything to stick to the 18 week targets. Lets hope Mr. A has more palatable info on Thurs.

Candie,
I was told April too. That was at the appointment with the consultant in Dec 08. If you've heard nothing, call the secretary. She was contacting people via the phone to book appointments about a week ago.

Dont get too down hearted chick, from the times I have spoken to his NHS secretary she was not for giving much away. I was lucky to then transfer over to his private secretary as mine was funded by my PCT but carried out in Manchester as no NHS hospitals do the proceedure in PReston. I did not have the pysch assessment either. Finally I think he does more than 4 in a week as he operates most days at various places and I think Manchester NHS hospital takes up most of that.....he did 5 the day I was done....xx

Hi there all

Thanks so much for your responses, i do hope we find out more when we go on thursday, it was his secetary who said he only does 4 a week for Hope at the moment. Plus if you want my facebook account or my mobile no send me a message hon

I wonder why we all seem to be getting different stories??????

Candy im so sorry you have also been waiting so long xxxxx

Hi Helen, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I'm having mine done in Sheffield and was told the op had to be done within 4 months of seeing surgeon. I saw my surgeon in december and my op is booked for april (4months ) so they were right . I hope you get some news soon because the wait is probably more painful than the op. Good luck x Gaynor x

he has just signed his contract with salford to work for them full time and apparently they are going to be going full steam ahead to get through the backlog. they have just employed 4 new bariatric nurses and 2 diatitions purly to support the weight management clinic. the surgery at salfor is still in its infancy but hopefully if they now have a full team things should get moving.

Back