• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hydration worries

Ann62

Hi I am 5 days post op after having MGB in Belguim . All going to plan post op need some advise on hydration ? I surely can't be drinking enough sips throughout the day then have to stop drinking to be able to eat something?
:confused:

I am 3 weeks post op, drinking is getting easier, I can drink more in one go, I set alarms for 30 mins after and start drinking straight away. Without the alarms I wouldn't drink enough, I'm still not up to 2l a day, I drink 600ml milk, I cup tea 200ml and at least 500ml water a day so it's increasing . I promise it will get better x

Like Nicci says, we all struggle with fluids but it does get easier as your pouch heals. Your job for the next few weeks is to keep active and drink, oh and rest when your body tells you to, that's it.

Good Luck, it does get easier I promise.

Hi I am 5 days post op after having MGB in Belguim . All going to plan post op need some advise on hydration ? I surely can't be drinking enough sips throughout the day then have to stop drinking to be able to eat something? :confused:

Hi and welcome. My op was June 10th in Belgium :) with CDB.

I found that after my op water, tea etc all tasted different. What works for me is to have hot drinks, now normally they would be cold by the time I finished so I use a very good insulated travel mug and sip sip sip all day long. It goes with me everywhere. I drink unsweetened fruit tea, tried a few till I found one I liked. It helps me keeping hydrated and I was on about 1 and a half litres very soon after my op and now on a minimum of 2 litres a day. My surgeon asks only that you stop drinking 5 minutes before and for half an hour after. That half an hour feels very long sometimes but mostly its not an issue.

So try and have a drinks bottle or travel mug nearby at all times and keep sipping. It does become a habit.

Good luck.

Back