• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am at the very beginning ...

Minoots

I have just been given my psychologist appointment date for the 31 October and (3 weeks time) and dont really know what the process from here on is. I suppose I will find out more then.

I am 62 years old and have been FAT since I was 5 years old. I have known no other life. Hated school, hated most of my life in fact. Have had 3 failed marriages and it is all down to the fact that I hate myself. Having said that, I have had a successful working life, due to me working much harder than the next person to try and 'prove' myself.

But now it is MY life. I have started making serious changes to my life. even joined a gym for a bit of gentle walking on the treadmill !!

Good gracious, not sure why I have just off loaded like that.. but there you are. Hopefully I wil soon be back to report back on some positive steps towards the new me.

If there are any members in Birmingham or area please feel free to email or contact me, I would live to have some buddies that I can relate to !!

Heather

Hi Heather!
Welcome!!! Great support on here! X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Gee whiz... thanks so much - that weas so quick. I know that i am going to be fine with such lovely people around xx

Seriously I've found it invaluable on here! So much information and support and laughs!
Im sure a Birmingham bod will be along soon! X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

Hi Heather, Whereabouts in Brum are you ? Where are you referred to? A lot of BEN PCT folks go to Walsall Manor and there's a Walsall Massive thread over in the support groups and meetings section for you to get to know people. Lots of people also go to Heartlands and you'll find lots of threads about that hospital too.
Good luck with your journey !!

Hi Heather and welcome!Its not an easy thing to go through but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it.
Every step has its ups and downs,from appointments to waiting for referal,funding,surgery(thats the easy part!)getting used to a new way of life,throwing all your fat clothes away,gaining confidence,losing friends,making new ones.Accepting you will have stalls along the way and realising you can put weight back on.You have come to the right place for support,any questions ask away,there is always someone here that can give you an answer.Do the word games to get 50 posts then you can gain access to others profiles and photos.Love Maz x

Hi Heather & a very warm welcome. You have certainly found the right place for advice & information plus support by the bucketful. You will get replies to your specific questions from people in your area, but I just wanted to say hello & good luck xxx :):):):)

Hi Heather, Whereabouts in Brum are you ? QUOTE]

I live in Moseley and I am sure that I will be going to Heartlands. Prob will know more after my next dietician appointment on 26th and psychologist on the 31st...

Again thanks..

Thanks so much for the encouragement... I appreciste it so much

I have just been given my psychologist appointment date for the 31 October and (3 weeks time) and dont really know what the process from here on is. I suppose I will find out more then.

I am 62 years old and have been FAT since I was 5 years old. I have known no other life. Hated school, hated most of my life in fact. Have had 3 failed marriages and it is all down to the fact that I hate myself. Having said that, I have had a successful working life, due to me working much harder than the next person to try and 'prove' myself.

But now it is MY life. I have started making serious changes to my life. even joined a gym for a bit of gentle walking on the treadmill !!

Good gracious, not sure why I have just off loaded like that.. but there you are. Hopefully I wil soon be back to report back on some positive steps towards the new me.

If there are any members in Birmingham or area please feel free to email or contact me, I would live to have some buddies that I can relate to !!

Heather

This is the best place to let your feelings out hun.
I've only become a member 4 days ago and have found the information priceless.

Good luck with your weight loss

Take Care

Andy x

Welcome to the forum Heather you find everything you need to know here and everyone is friendly, remember we are all here for the same reason x

welcome Heather, you'll love it here, full of info and fun, have a good look around, play the word association games to get your posts up (u need 50 to view profiles, diaries etc) and generally enjoy yourself :) xxx

I think that my biggest problem is that i have not really been told the whole story. I have had 4 appointments with the weight clinic over the past 10 months. At my last appointment I was told that i had lost the wwight (33 lbs) since day one and because I was diabetic, had high blood pressure, cholestral I was a good candidate for the bypass. Then in the following week I go another appointment for the weight clinic and one for the psychologist. I was not even aware (until I read this forum) that I still have to wait for funding.... I know that when I go for my next appointment, I will certainly ask many many more questions. !!!
I am also aprehensive about the psychologist meeting... what sort of things do they ask/talk about? I think it is the unknown that worries me. I would rather know everything upfront and then can cope with it.
I just know that I want this operation so that I can end thye last part of my life as a normal person. I have been this fat personh my entire life.. and it has to end NOW.....

Thanks all.. you have been great !!

Hello and welcome, I'm sure you'll find all the info and support you need here. I certainly have and in fact when I had my surgery felt I didn't need to ask anything at all because it had all been covered here. Real people with real experience.

Good luck with your journey, may it be quick and successful:):)

hi and welcome heather, i am also new here but everyone is wonderful as we are all here for the same reason, the advice you are given here is the best as someone has already been through the op and all the bits before and can give answers better than some doctor who can only answer in medical terms!!! xx

Thanks so much for all the advice and welcomes... Good luck to you all

Hi Heather

Hi Heather, you sound lovely - I hope you start feeling it soon x
I'm new here too and so can't offer any technical help, but I do know what self loathing feels like and it's a waste of your life and unique and special qualities.
Good luck with everything.

thanks so much. tomorrow is another diatecian appointment and then the psychologist on the 31st. I am hoping for some answers and more specific times once I have had those two appointments. I must admit that I have found out more on this site that what I have been told by the doctors......
Thanks everyone !

I went to the psychologsist appt at West Heath. The lady seemed a little cold (but wasn't really, she was just assessing me lol)

I told her how much more control I feel i now have over food and my relationship with food (recovered bulimic)

She said she felt I was doing very well and did not need her support. So I never had to see her again.

Do you see the dietician Adrian?

Hi Heather, I am sorry I somehow missed your post two weeks ago. I just wanted to offer you a warm welcome to the forum. It is so nice to have you aboard. I had my gastric bypass on my 62nd birthday in September after a lifelong battle with my weight. I was a fat baby, toddler, child, teenager etc but I am so glad that I took the plunge as I feel so much happier with myself and all the fantastic changes that are happening to me. At the start of my weight loss journey I weighed 17st 10lbs which is a lot to carry when you are only 5 foot 2 inches and was wearing size 24 clothes. Yesterday I bought size 16 for the first time in years and am weighing in at 13 st 8lbs. Still quite a way to go but the difference is huge.

I haven't seen many of the people that know me yet since the op so I am looking forward to seeing their faces and hearing their comments on the "new-look" me.

Just remember that it is never too late to make these changes and surgery is the very best decision I have ever made :D

Back