• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The very beginning

goingtobehappy

Hi, my names Andrea, I live near Worcester and after a life long battle with my weight I asked my doctor for a gastric band yesterday, he has already seen me through Weight Watchers and Xenical lose weight and then regain it and more. I have tried every diet going and yo-yoed. He arranged for me to see the surgery dietician that afternoon, I had a very long and honest chat with her and she said the gastric bypass would suit me better and that she would let them know that I am suitable for it.
She suggested that I go home and look at the BOSPA website and make myself fully aware of what I would need to do and what would happen to me. I've done this, read through some of the messages on here too and I will see my doctor again on monday and get the ball rolling from there.
I'm very excited, I feel as thought the light is now visible at the end of the tunnel - its a long way away, but I can see it.
Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Andrea

Hello Andrea. Welcome to the place of mucho weighto losso :)

Hope your journey is fast, painless and great in loss!

welcome and best of luck on your journey :D x

:welcome2:

Welcome to this fantastic site Andrea, you are going to love it here, I honestly dont think that my journey so far would have been even nearly as manageable without this place and the wonderful people here, you learn so very much here and you have done a very good, wise thing by coming here.
The bypass is a brilliant thing in my opinion, I love mine.
Good luck on your journey and if there is ever anything that I can help you with just shout (pm or otherwise) and I will be glad to help xx
Steph xx
:welcome2:

Hi Steph, how inspirational are those before and after shots, the look on your face 4 months post op says it all!!!
I can't wait to join you.
Andrea

Hi Andrea! :wavey:
Welcome to minis/wls.com - I live in Evesham, so not that far away from you! ;)
I have had a gastric bypass and it has totally changed my life for the better, I am now only 4lbs away from a healthy BMI which is just amazing. I now love going shopping for clothes because I can fit into a big choice of clothes instead of having a limited choice of what was available in my size.
If you ever want to chat/pm about anything, please get in touch. :character00148:
Take care
:party0011::party0049:Xxx em xxX
:party0049::party0011:

Thanks Em,
As its all so new to me and you live so close, did you have to travel far for the op and how long was the waiting list?
I see my doctor again on monday and I'm wanting the op done yesterday lol.
Andrea

Hi Andrea :wavey:
I am suprised that you saw the surgery dietician that afternoon. When I went to see my GP she told me there was a 2 year waiting list for surgical weight loss and even then I might not be accepted. I had some money left to me by a great uncle to use for health purposes so I went privately to have my operation done so was able to have it done quite quickly. I will be happy to meet up with you though to chat about anything, it will be really nice to have somebody local. :)
:party0011::party0049: Xxx em xxX
:party0049::party0011:

Hi Steph, how inspirational are those before and after shots, the look on your face 4 months post op says it all!!!
I can't wait to join you.
Andrea

Aww thank you xx
You'll join me soon enough Im sure.
Steph xx

I am suprised that you saw the surgery dietician that afternoon. When I went to see my GP she told me there was a 2 year waiting list for surgical weight loss and even then I might not be accepted. I had some money left to me by a great uncle to use for health purposes so I went privately to have my operation done so was able to have it done quite quickly. I will be happy to meet up with you though to chat about anything, it will be really nice to have somebody local. :)
:party0011::party0049: Xxx em xxX :party0049::party0011:

Hi Em ;)

My doctor has done alot with me and my weight problem, I was very lucky the dietician is new and only there once a week til the end of the month. He pulled some strings and got me in there quickly. I'm not aware of the waiting list yet but I'll let you know when I find out.
I'd love to meet up some time, you look fantastic and I can't wait get there too.
How do I thank people for there messages on here with the message that comes underneath? It's all new but I'm learning.

Andrea

Hi Andrea,
Welcome to this fab site and good luck in your journey to skinny dom! x

Hi Andrea, just want to welcome you to this wonderful site and the fantastic people, who really want to help with any questions or worries we may have xxxx

Hi Em ;)

My doctor has done alot with me and my weight problem, I was very lucky the dietician is new and only there once a week til the end of the month. He pulled some strings and got me in there quickly. I'm not aware of the waiting list yet but I'll let you know when I find out.
I'd love to meet up some time, you look fantastic and I can't wait get there too.
How do I thank people for there messages on here with the message that comes underneath? It's all new but I'm learning.

Andrea

Keep me updated on how you get on, I am not to sure on how to thank people in messages (sorry!), I have not been on these forums for a while but I am sure there will be someone who does know who will answer your question in a bit! ;)
:party0049::party0011: Xxx em xxX :party0049::party0011:

ooohh just noticed at the bottom right of each message there is an icon that says 'Thanks' with a smiley face - that might be it?? xxxx

Back