• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I am finally on the road to recovery

msunique

Hi all

Well I am starting to feel like me again the owwie pain has nearly gone and I managed to get the bowels working again today too, so the painkillers are being reduced and I am starting to shine back through yay.

Only a few more days now till I can start eating and worrying about if I am eating enough, will I know when I am full or is there a guideline to how much and how often I should eat?

I would also like to say thanks to you all for all your help and support before and since the op you are all fantastic :D:D:D:D:D

Thanks Kevin, this is the start of the rest of my life, I think because the sun is shining too and everything is falling into place and i feel good today.

Glad you are feeling better Debs!Each day will be better than the last I promise,in a week or two you will feel on top of the world.The food thing is your next step and getting plenty of rest,mandatory 2hr snooze of an afternoon!I found 1-3pm had me fighting fit.Mind I dont have kids or work to worry about!i knew there was a bonus to getting older.Maz x

Aww thanks Maz,

I have kids and work to worry about, I have still got another week and a bit off work but as I have a 0 hour contract if I need more I will take more, and my hubby is around to run the kids about so I am taking it easy.

I think I am going to come off the tramadol as it makes me feel spaced out and go back to the codeine if I need something,

I am hoping to venture out tomorrow and see how I get on

Hi Debs so glad you're feelling better xx

Thanks, I am too I am planning on going out in the sunshine tomorrow for a walk and enjoy the rest of my time off work, I need to get the side effects of tramdole out of my system, they are powerful!!

Im really pleased that it is going so well. And wasn't that sunshine a bonus today! I bet it left a spring in your step even though you must still feel zonked out.
Hope tomorrow is a good day too.
Lynne x

Dont hurry back to work hun if you can help it and make sure you are prepared for eating away from home.

Thanks Maz, I wont be hurrying back, I want to make sure I am feeling ok first, I am a home carer so I need to make sure I am 100% as it involves lots of bending and stretching.

I have got to work out what my body is telling me, it never used to to tell me I was full until I had overeaten so I am hoping it will tell me before that stage now! I cant feel anything at the minute being on the liquid stage but I am hoping when I start eating proper food I will be able to tell.

Glad you're feeling better and on the mend hun.

Just be careful - you may feel great but you're still healing inside. My hubby found that out the hard way! As the sun was shining yesterday he thought he'd mow the garden while I was at work (his op was 21 Feb and our GP insisted on signing him off for 6 weeks). When he'd finished he had stomach pains, probably from lugging the lawnmower around being too much of a strain on his stomach and muscles too soon! Men - always think they know better!

Mind you, the garden looks lovely again! lol x

h wow Karen, I wont be taking things that far lol but thanks for the warning. i will be milking this for as long as I can even the kids are making em cups of tea the housework is being done for me and I am sitting here taking it all in lol.

I do my share and I still do the weekly shopping cos I have always done it online but they get to put it all away :)

I hope you get your date through soon x

Thinking of you all and sending a huge hug to everyone... have a good day and take care xxx

Back