• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I can't believe I never found you until now!!

Benrese

Hello all!

I honestly cannot figure out how I never found you before!! :sign0144:

I had my WLS (gastric bypass) in November 2006. I started at 383 and am currently 170.

I moved two years ago from California-to England. So-in the last four years I will say I have been through enough changes to make my head spin.

I love sharing this journey with others. I have found some really great information and support online over the years.

For me-there is no "there" with my weight loss surgery. Each day will bring it's own wins and challenges.

At this point-I feel like I have been in many different places in my journey. I have been an absolute angel for the first couple years-then I of course had to do more "research" :17729::D

And you know-I have learned something. Perfect doesn't exist for me. It's all about how I handle the choices I make.

It's not that we NEVER fall down-it has more to do with what in the world we DO when we fall down. I think for me this is the key.

And I am learning each and every day-new ways to get back up and keep trying and keep growing. Tummy surgery-yes. Head surgery? no. :rolleyes:

But-I have survived and I know I am a very luck girl. I was dangerously large. I was nearly 400 lbs. When I would lay down at night-I could hear my heart beating in my head and I swear there were times when I would wake in the night and feel my life ebbing away.

I got one heck of a gift when I got my surgery. I want to do the best I can with it. And in order to that-I keep in contact with all of those who understand and can relate.

So-I have rambled on now enough and I just want to say "I cannot believe I NEVER found you until now". I am going to take this as a fabulous sign!!

Cheers,
Benrese

Hello and welcome to the site. Really nice to hear from someone so far out of surgery. You have done so well!

Well hellooooooooo and :welcome: to WLS :D I cant believe you didnt find us till now too! We love to get new memebrs who are further out from surgery and can help if we are struggling as you have "been there and got the t-shirt" so to speak :D Great to have you here XX

Hello - sounds like you have done a lot of learning that your can share with other wlsers.

hiya and welcome, great to have someone so far out to learn from, youll love it on here, the support is second to none. hugs xx

Thank you all for such a warm welcome. I will be really look forward to learning about your stories and experiences.

I think no matter where we are in this - there will always be room to learn more! I still have so much to learn myself.

Gosh...will now be up all night reading interesting posts!! LOL!!

heya hun - welcome to wlsurgery - and congratulations on you loss's you have come soo far! looking forward to getting to know you on here! xxxx

Welcome Benrese, Glad you have found us. Better late than never. You'll meet some wonderful people on this site. You have done so well on your journey thus far even with the 'head hunger issues'. Look forward to reading more about you.

Hi Benrese,
Welcome to the site. I am quite new here too but already found out lots of great stuff and it's really supportive to read about issues etc other people are dealing with as it often reflect on your own experiences. Reading your intro made me have one of those horrible flashbacks when you mentioned about lying in bed and feeling your heart beeting. I too have spend many a night with my wonderful wife and 2 kids tucked up asleen in bed, wondering if I would ever wake up again as my heart was racing away at about 100 beats per minute, I felt so unhealthy and very scared for my family, but like most of us, you put it to the back of your head and keep going.
I had an RNY by-pass just over 3 months ago so am relatively new on my journey but I am already over 7 stone down and can feel a massive health benefit. My resting heart rate is about 55-60 and last week I started a months trial without CPAP (for sleep apnea) that I had been using for the last 18 months, just those 2 things alone have given me a boost and confidence that with more exercise and a healthier lifestyle, that I will hopefully see both my kids (13 & 9) grow up and have families of their own. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey and hopefully share something about mine. Matt x:whacky068:

Welcome to the madhouse ! You'll find lots of support here as well as plenty of laughs ! I love your philosophy that it's not that we never fall down, it's what we do when we fall down that matters... we ought to have those words writ large here somewhere. It's oh so easy to beat yourself up and feel guilty when we slip up... xx

Great to see you and a very warm welcome, look forward very much to learning from you and good to see you. Love and hugs xxx

Back