• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I faced my dad today....

Tamgredan

wanna be happy!
And said absolutely nothing to me!!!

Typical!

I was dreading seeing him as my mum had told me he had gone ape when she told him. Nevermind.

But, my sister told me that she had a friend, who had a friend who has had a band, and done well for weeks and went from size 22 to size 14, but has now put it all back on.
As the conversation unfolded, it appeared this girl got it done via NHS and didnt have good support and didnt know about going for fills as part of sucessful weight loss.....that explains why she could still eat a full portion of scampi and chips from the local pub!

I just love it! already they are trying to sabortage me. They can try all they like, seeing the green eyed monsters in a few months when im smaller will be pure delight!

Don't you worry hun xx We'll keep you on track x

Maybe you're dad has had a chance to look into it and see he overreacted? My mam was fab and is really interested in how I'm doing. But my dad is really negative, when we met for lunch a month ago said 'I see you've lost SOME weight' then went onto comment to my 4 year old (who is super skinny) that he could just have a band fitted if he put on weight!! Grrrr!

Isn't it sad that people don't get the info needed to help them? If we don't know otherwise how are we supposed to work with the tool given to us. xx

I agree Sarah.

Maybe he has done some digging on the subject, or he saw how well i looked (not doubled over in pain or stuggling to move)

Parents eh, I had trouble with mine as well.

Hugs

Well its done now and i wouldnt change it.

Ive told everybody and to be honest, everyone has been pretty much OK about it and even a little intrigued as im the 1st person they know to have WLS.

Aww, this is tough enough even with support from family! You've got all of us to support you though and you're right - they are gonna be so jealous when you're hot and fit in the near future! X

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

BlueD, I love all your wee pics!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

you will always get negativity in no matter what you do! which is why i aint telling my parents. just few family members know and thats it. there are always people out there quick to give you all the negative points about what your doing. Oh i know someone who ..... bla bla bla... dont listen to it Tam. i wont be!

And said absolutely nothing to me!!!

Typical!

I was dreading seeing him as my mum had told me he had gone ape when she told him. Nevermind.

But, my sister told me that she had a friend, who had a friend who has had a band, and done well for weeks and went from size 22 to size 14, but has now put it all back on.
As the conversation unfolded, it appeared this girl got it done via NHS and didnt have good support and didnt know about going for fills as part of sucessful weight loss.....that explains why she could still eat a full portion of scampi and chips from the local pub!

I just love it! already they are trying to sabortage me. They can try all they like, seeing the green eyed monsters in a few months when im smaller will be pure delight!

1) great that all hell didn't break lose when you faced your dad :hug99:

2) name ANY diet/weight loss regime and there will be someone who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows someone (you catch my drift :D), who lost weight on [x] diet or after [x] weight loss operation and put the weight back on .... and it's true some Banders, Sleevers, Bypassers etc. do gain weight - but ultimately ....... it's about a lifestyle choice in't it? :)

Keep strong babe! xxxx:)

I love your name ... CariadToffee. FriendToffee :)

Such a sweet name ... (no pun intended!)

xxxxx

Aww, thanks! Cariad also means love or darling which is probably why I chose it....LoveToffee! Xx

Back