• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

INFO ABOUT PCT/PALS PLZ

BlueDiamond

Hey Guys well I decided to bite the bullet after the surgeons secretary told me that there is no further funding for band fills and she doesnt know when I can be expected to be seen............. I called the pals team today and they informed me that all funding for wls has ceased in this area..............I questioned her about the pct payment for the op and regards to after care etc and she simply didnt know and didnt want to speculate. Now she have got too find out if the band fills are additional funding from pct and if they are well thats me left high and dry and I wont get no more fills for the more seeable future..............My question is ....(if anyone knows) when the pct funds for the op is it just the op or is there aftercare included in the package..................??? Any info would be gratefully received....

I hope this isnt the case because I would have never have had the op to be told a few weeks later, sorry love this is the end of the line goodbye......I told the pals lady that I am getting conflicting advise all the time and I am fed up with it ....Surgeon tells me one thing, secretary another and the dietician too......I just wanna know where I stand and not be given a load of waffle all the time.......:(

Thanks in advance for any info received.MeJuliexx

Well I dont know for sure but I would be absolutely gob smacked if when you recieve funding its only for the op and not for the after care. That would be truly shocking, if you cant find out from anywhere else ring the PCT the woman I spoke to from my local one was lovely and very helpful. Good Luck XX

Oh gosh, hope you get some straight answers soon. I would have thought also that after care for 2 years would be included, doesn't make sense other wise and it would be a false economy. Good luck hun, can you afford the fills if the case is they only pay for your op? xxx

I should imagine the aftercare is included in the funding, its silly if it is not included as really it would be looked at as a waste of money, i would get in contact with the PCT yourself and write a letter and get it directly from the horses mouth.

Doesnt make sense,I thought if you got funding for the op,that included fills till you were completely happy and aftercare for up to 2 years!Ditto bypass.What a waste of funding to give you the op then not help it work!Get in touch with pals or direct to pct.They can withold funding for newbies but cant cast you adrift.Write to local paper to say how you have been treated.Its about time we started kicking ass!Bxxxxxxs!!!

Back