• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I Feel sick ALL the time! Is this normal?

kell

As the title says really, I feel sick all the time :cry:

Whats wrong with me?

Ive not actually been sick, just feel it constantly and I also feel really rubbish and pee'd off :sigh:

Sorry for the rant, Im just feeling really sorry for myself at the moment :wave_cry:

Hiya Kell, sorry to hear you are feeling icky - my info says that you must ring your nurse if the sickness is extended..give her a call - that's what they are there for.

I am not surprised you are feeling blue- feeling sicky all the time is enough to do that to anyone plus you have been through major trauma and are not back on solids yet? Lets face it, eating was one of our biggest pleasures in life so it is only natural to feel the loss. I may be way off but I hope you call the nurse and start to feel a bit happier soon. :(

I have heard of a few people who have had extended nausea, I think tablets are given for it. I would ring my doc if I were you so maybe you can get a pill and feel better. As for feeling blue, it is very, very common a few wekes out form surgery to feel blue. You are tired, you don't have much energy yet, you are still sore form surgery and food is no longer there to soothe you. It is a normal part of this journey to feel a bit 'what have I done to myself' so don't worry. I will say what I have said to many others, it gets BETTER, you will start to feel GREAT soon, I PROMISE!

Just baby yourself, heal up and soon you will be loving life and shouting out how great you feel.

(((Hugs)))
Nic:D

Aww Kelly I'm sorry you're not feeling too good. I'm a bander so can't really advise apaprt from ringing your provider and get checked out. I hope it settles soon and then you can pick yourself up.
Good luck sweetheart xxGaynorxx

Hi there, the horrible sickness you're feeling could be as a result of dehydration and not eating enough. I am about 5 weeks post op and the feeling I had was like continuous morning sickness, horrible so I really feel for you. Healthier Weight said it would be a good idea to eat little amounts every 2 hours to try and build up calorie intake ( I was only having about 300 calories a day) and drink PLENTY. I have to say this has really helped and if I get that sick feeling again, if I write down what I've had during so far that day it's usually down to the above.
Hope you feel better soon, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Back