• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I feel so happy and grateful for my bypass

SCOOBYDOOBYDOO

Today I just feel almost overwhelmed with happiness at how my life has changed since my bypass and thought I would share my thoughts.

Pre bypass my whole life was ruled by thoughts of food and problems caused by my obesity. I woke up thinking of what to eat, whether to be 'good' or 'bad' food wise and was toatlly consumed by the thoughts of how I hated being fat but then bingeing, beating myself up about it, eating some more then vowing to change.

Everyday life was so hard, having to pre-empt every situation...parking on the end so that nobody could park too close to me and I wouldn't be able to squeeze back into my car, never accepting a lift in case I couldn't do the seatbelt up, not being able to pick things up off the floor, having to preorder cinema tickets so I could get an aisle seat cos I didn't want to spill into anyone elses space.....the list goes on and on. The panic when I went to my uni interview and they had those chairs where the desk pulls in front of you and of course i couldn't do it so having to sit very awkardly to try to write.

I am still over 17 stone but feel so much more normal and life has become so much easier.
I was thrilled this week at the doctors when the nurse used the normal sized blood pressure sleeve...I went to the cinema and sat right in the middle and was very comfy in my seat, I went out to a new restaurant without panicking about the seats, I will get in anyones car without panicking.

Best of all, my head is no longer filled with thoughts of good or bad eating pattenrs, I jurt try to eat healthily and don't give it much thought. Food no longer has any power over me. How lovely it is to go out for a meal without feeling like everyone is watching me and then wanting to eat everyones leftovers.

Best thing I have ever done for myself x

I soooo agree with you Leanne...!
:bliss::bliss::bliss:

:)Great news:)

Leanne your thread is wonderful and you know the best thing i noticed was?

Not the dress size dropping but the changes that have happened since with regards to how you now accept lifts off strangers (that is what you said isn't it lol) and cinema seats/restaurants... Absolutely flipping wonderful, keep on rocking sweetheart xxx

what a great read to hear how the most normal things we big folk dread become a thing of the past when the weight starts to shift well done leanne. cant wait till i get my turn in oct
regards steve x

The thing you said which truly emanated with me.........
"Food has no power over me."

THAT I LOVE!

and that I completely relate to, and I am with you in celebrating!

We kicked food's butt! :asskick::asskick::asskick::asskick::asskick::asskick:

with the help of our bypasses! Loving it!!!!!:D

Hi Leanne,

So lovely to hear from you and glad you are feeling so much better.... I am sitting here celebrating your success as I read...

I can relate to everything you say in this thread... even things like fearing the hairdressers cape won't fit around my arms, so it was just put around my neck... and trying to get to the phone before it rings off... heaving myself in and out of a bath... relying on others to do simple things for me... like putting my socks on and so on and so forth.... the weight has made me feel old before my time...

It's also ravaged my body and I know have diabetic complications, have had a serious brush with cancer recently and can't straighten up because of the spondylitis/arthritis in my spine...

I believe everything is affected by my weight.

The surgery is such a tremendous lift when everything else has failed...

I feel so inspired by your thread and also to hear that at 17 stones approx, life is feeling so much better...

Wonderful to be in touch and sending love and hugs to you... xxx

thank you for sharing that with us,i really enjoyed reading it, there are soooo many ppl that feel the same as you did x

Hi Leanne - your post is lovely. I can relate to a lot of what you say regarding food as that is how everyday is for me, and I hope that this is going to be the change I need. Not to spend so much time thinking about what I am going to eat, and when, will be a strange freedom of mind!!

Plane seats are my phobia . . and not fitting in the rides at Thorpe Park last year made me:cry:and embarrassed. To be made to move seats and then have a hefty man try and wedge the restrainer over you left me mortified.

Keep in touch and let us all know your continued progress. I go in next Tuesday and am excited now.

You sound as though it has already changed your life so much for the better I am really pleased for you. :)

p.s... this thread also puts me in mind of the countless times I have been wedged into a chair or space in a restaurant... I've had many an anxious time when I knew I couldn't fit past a space without disturbing people or even going the long way round to try and avoid being noticed... it's wearing... but hopefully these situations will improve with time, there are establishments with fixed seating in cafe's that there is no way I could squeeze into...

I was once a passenger in a smart car... felt like my breasts were on the windscreen... never again...

So many fears and dreads... it's hard to recall them all, but you've captured a few of mine on here for sure...

Love and hugs... share a bit of sparkle! xxx

I arrived late for a meeting this morning and the only chair available was at the far end of the room next to the Chairman. To get there I had to negotiate my way all along a narrow space down one side of the room... which I did without having to ask anyone to pull their chair in, or bumping into anyone or anything.... YAY !!! Then I sat down with a silly grin on my face !! :8855::bliss:

Thanks everyone for sharing my joy!
Rose, its those small things that bring me such great pleasure....love it x

Hi Leanne, thanks so much for sharing your joy with us. It's surprising the things we take for granted. I am so looking forward to a life less heavy.

Rebirth

Just snook upstairs at work to log on ( cant access on my work one) And I am so envious I want my bypass NOW!!! totally with you all on how these simple things dominate our lives.
Well done to all of you who have done so well - you all are an insperation to me and give me the will and strength to keep badgering them to crack on with my journey.

Laters, back to my desk now before I am missed.

Linski xxxxxxxxxx

so inspiring! I cant wait to feel so "alive" again. I went to the fair with my ds on Sunday and he wanted me to ride the big wheel with him, i nearly cried. Im soo gonna ride them rides at Chessington with my son this time next year! well done to you all you've done so well :)

Hi Leanne, the op really is life changing isn't it? I can relate to everything you say and join you in celebrating the *new* person we are. My most embarrasing moment was a couple of years ago when we had lots of snow in London. I was walking along a very busy road and must have hit a very slippery pavement and went down like a ton of bricks - however, the most embarrasing part was I COULD NOT get up as my legs kept going from under me and finally two people had to get hold of my arms and yank me up - my face was the colour of a tomato with embarrasment and I won't forget that feeling for the rest of my life. It takes so long though for your mindset to realise things are different now. I was meeting a friend after work last week in Wetherspoons and went to the loo and immediately looked for the largest toilet! At 10 stone 7 I no longer need to worry about that but old habits die hard!

Back