• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I feel so ill

treezuk

I posted a while back how I feel tired achy etc , but I feel worse now than I ever have I'm so extremely tired my eye balls feel like I can't focus properly , I assumed it was my iron has I've had anemia in the past and it was borderline 11.2 at op time but I had bloods done at my 6 month check (6th march) and they said they've all come back fine :( so why do I feel so rough. I went to the gym the other night and I came in feeling so poorly my hubby did my blood sugar and it was 4.2 which was after food , drink and 45 mins on the treadmill at a medium pace walking I didn't do anything out my comfort zone. He checked my blood level again yesterday after food before dinner it was 5.3 and 2 hours after dinner it was still 5.3 should I be worried , I wasn't diabetic before the op so I've purely checked my blood levels cos I've felt so rough and my husband has a kit as his a trainee nurse.

Any advice would be great

Teresa

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Teresa
Normal blood sugar levels are between 4-8mmol so don't worry yours sound normal. Maybe you are low in b12

They checked everything apparently and they were all normal so not sure what to do next , I can't keep on feeling like this I'm taking the vitamins regularly as I'm suppose to , I'm waiting for the results to be sent out in the post so I can pass them on to my gp not that that makes any difference really tho.

Sent from my iPhone

Google the effects of long term aspartame use....

My husband suffered badly for years - I won't go into the full details as its a long story but having seen the effects with my own eyes I think its worth while at least researching yourself it to see if you can cross it off the list- it is not diagnosible any other way so docs won't suggest it.

You can easily find stuff on the Internet about it x

Is that the stuff regarding MS etc that I've seen floating about on fb ???

Sent from my iPhone

Blood sugar readings of 4-7 are completely normal. Have you had all your vit levels checked? Are you focussing on protein?

This is what they blood tested (see photo attached) so I assume they tested all the levels they were suppose to plus they did an FBC which should pick up iron I believe , I was just told they were all fine no numbers though. I am eating mostly protein , I don't drink anything but tea/coffee , water or orange juice daily and don't touch anything fizzy and I keep sweet stuff to a minimum my sugar intake is defiantly not high.

Sent from my iPhone

Attachments

• image-1144297557.jpg
    image-1144297557.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 427
Looks like you may not have had your B12 tested if I'm reading it properly. Worth double checking.

Ok I will thanks , my hubby is a trainee nurse and said he thought it comes under the FBC but maybe it doesn't ill double check anyways thank you xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Also although the levels can come back fine some people find that they get better response from a high dose vitamin d spray and the b12 injection regularly.

Ok that makes sence the problem I have is I rung to speak to biariatric nurse she was off sick so I spoke to dietician he said he would leave her a message to call me then he called me back and said everything was fine , gave me no numbers at all and said she would call me when she comes back and he will get her to send me out a letter in the post with the results on so I'm kinda stuck till I hear from her or have the report to take to my gps and get anything tested that wasn't of you kwim.

Just fed up with being extremely tired now , keep getting tingling underneath my boobs , I ache all over and just generally feel poop

Sent from my iPhone

Ok I will thanks , my hubby is a trainee nurse and said he thought it comes under the FBC but maybe it doesn't ill double check anyways thank you xxx

Sent from my iPhone

As i understand it, an FBC test will show if you have enlarged red blood cells (which is an indicator of deficiency), but does not test directly your B12/foliate levels. It would be worth knowing your levels for sure.

It's funny I googled if after your message and I just read exactly what you said so that means I proberly need to get it tested properly , my gp is aware of my previous iron issues so I don't think she will have any issues testing it for me to be sure

Sent from my iPhone

Google the effects of long term aspartame use....

My husband suffered badly for years - I won't go into the full details as its a long story but having seen the effects with my own eyes I think its worth while at least researching yourself it to see if you can cross it off the list- it is not diagnosible any other way so docs won't suggest it.

You can easily find stuff on the Internet about it x

Was going to suggest the same - its scary stuff, aspartame etc. worth a google.

Goodness, sorry to hear you're feeling so rubbish! Hope you get sorted but more so feel better soon!!!

Thanks Kat x

I did google aspartame but was a bit confused by it all really I guess the affects of it previously foul be causing a problem now but I dunno slightly confused by it all

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Treezuk,
I've felt the same over the last couple of months, feels like my eyes don't want to stay open and no matter how much sleep I have I feel the same, even wake up like it after a nights sleep.
I have also had a number of blood tests for folate, b12 etc and have all come back fine. The dietician has said to take 25mg of vit d on top of my multi vit, which I'm now doing.
Was sent last week for more blood tests on everything else including thyroid, so just waiting for the results of them to come back.
I'm finding 3 out of 4 weeks I feel like this, not sure if it relates to hormones and time of month as I have been on pill for 20 years and haven't taken it since op in Nov.
I've also read about the aspartame as its been in the news a lot and its worrying, what can we do though when we have to have nas everything, an I have 1 sweetener in tea/coffee too and been drinking loads of this since op!
Good to hear someone else is feeling the same :) take care x

So glad to hear your feeling similar Aswell I had bloods done recently an they all came back ok except vit d was a tad low and my inflammation marker was up a little she's repeating the inflaation one but said the bit d was ok cos it was only litrally under and I'm already taking vit d and calcium. I have however got a stoop on my shoulders/neck were I've lost the weight and my boobs are still heavy they caused my posture to change so now I'm being sent for physio she said the cause proberly is my boobs which I had my suspicions but had no idea I was stooping , she also found I had two blocked ears which was proberly causing alot of my dizziness and headachy feelings she put me on a nasal spray for 4 weeks and its definatly helped , still feeling tired but I dunno why. I hope you get some help soon Hun xxx

Sent from my iPhone

Back