• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I think i just dumped ?????

deeby

Hi all
I think i just dumped :S ???
I had a heinz veg soup which i blitzed in the smoothie maker to get rid of lumps then i heated it and grated some low fat cheese in for some protein, i got half way through it and suddenly felt REALLY sick then i got a very noisy tummy and still felt sick and wasnt sure which way to go so i went to the loo and ..... well, without TMI i wasnt sick but went 'to the loo' big time !! i then laid down for about an hour and now im fine.

Do you think this was dumping and if so how on earth did i dump on what i was eating ?? very worried now because if i can dump on soup and low fat cheese what chance have i got with 'real' food, ooooops !!!
xxx

It just sounds like it didn't agree with you as opposed to dumping :)

It probably just didn't agree with you - goodness knows why tho....have you had this soup before? I have had that with a WW chicken ready meal and with risotto rice in the past few days - felt sick, but was sick, then crashing headache and awful diarrhoea UGH Left drained and had to lie down for a while....

It just sounds like it didn't agree with you as opposed to dumping :)

It probably just didn't agree with you - goodness knows why tho....have you had this soup before? I have had that with a WW chicken ready meal and with risotto rice in the past few days - felt sick, but was sick, then crashing headache and awful diarrhoea UGH Left drained and had to lie down for a while....

Aww thanks guys i hope it was that it just didnt agree with me although i cant see why not ? weird ??, maybe it was the melted cheese, thats the first time ive put cheese in the soup, i saw a couple of others on here did it for protein and thought id give it a go !! never again lol thanks for speedy replies xxxx

It could be that you ate too fast? Or that the cheese wasn't as low fat as you thought. Was there a high sugar content in the soup? All possible reasons but it doesn't sound like a classic dump, though my 'fat' dumps are a bit like this. I always feel very dizzzy and faint though too.

I agree with the others, it appears to be that its not agreed with you rather than anything else.
Hope you feel better now though hun x

It could be that you ate too fast? Or that the cheese wasn't as low fat as you thought. Was there a high sugar content in the soup? All possible reasons but it doesn't sound like a classic dump, though my 'fat' dumps are a bit like this. I always feel very dizzzy and faint though too.
Hi Charis, how are you feeling now hun ? better i hope :D,
the cheese was half fat cheese, and there wasnt high sugar in the soup, no more than ive been having for the last 2 1/2 weeks anyway ! i didnt feel dizzy as such so maybe it just didnt agree with me xxx

Cheese can be a bit of a hard one to deal with, also some people are not able to tolerate dairy post bypass x

Cheese can be a bit of a hard one to deal with, also some people are not able to tolerate dairy post bypass x

Wow i think i may be one of those people lol !! strange though, i didnt put loads in ?? oh well, another day another 'bypass' lol xxx

sounds like my pouch when I eat to fast, it does sometimes cause slight dumping by pushing too much food out too fast. x

Yes it may have been , perhaps i got a bit carried away with the soup xx

Hi Charis, how are you feeling now hun ? better i hope :D,
the cheese was half fat cheese, and there wasnt high sugar in the soup, no more than ive been having for the last 2 1/2 weeks anyway ! i didnt feel dizzy as such so maybe it just didnt agree with me xxx

Hi Dawn i'm slowly on the mend ta. Even been up out of bed a little bit yesterday and today. xx
how fa did you eat? You may have become lactose intolerant. How are you with milk?

Hi Dawn i'm slowly on the mend ta. Even been up out of bed a little bit yesterday and today. xx
how fa did you eat? You may have become lactose intolerant. How are you with milk?
Glad to hear youre getting better hun :D
i dont have much milk as i cant stand the stuff but have found i can make options hot chocolate with skimmed milk and i seem to be fine with that xx

It may be a slight lactose intolerance. I remember feeling the same newly post-op with milk. Changed to lacto-free and was fine. Could be worth trying lacto free cheese to test the theory out.
Cheese is such a great source of protein.

It may be a slight lactose intolerance. I remember feeling the same newly post-op with milk. Changed to lacto-free and was fine. Could be worth trying lacto free cheese to test the theory out.
Cheese is such a great source of protein.

thanks Charis, do they sell lactose free cheese in supermarkets ? its not something ive ever even thought about before lol xx

Aw I hope you feel better now.....I cant help with what it was though Im not experienced enough yet lol.....Id be more inclined to say the cheese rather than the soup though :D XX

thanks Charis, do they sell lactose free cheese in supermarkets ? its not something ive ever even thought about before lol xx
Yes on the cheese shelves in the fridge. It could be worth a try. xx

thanks girls and boys xxx

Back