• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I give up ! Still no word from srh

lindy62

Still no pre-op diet has come, either by post or by email. I've rang both the dietician and secretary every day since last thursday and they keep saying my letter and pre-op diet have been sent out. They said they would send again and still nothing, what's a girl got to do, I've been trying to do my own version low fat low carbs one but I would like to follow the proper one in case my liver does'nt shrink. The dietician said not to worry 7 to 10 days is fine and I should have it by Saturday which is exactly 7 days to my operation. Still need my confirmation letter and my pre-op appointment also, so I'm really starting to panic now and there's nothing more I can do . Just pray. SO SORRY FOR THE RAMBLE

lindy62

Omg Lindy you poor thing. Huge hugs to you. When are they going to give you your pre op? Could you ring them and suggest calling in and having your pre op and while you are there pick up the booklet? I can remember most of it Plus my 10 day pre op diet is on here in pre op diet pages some where.
From memory for SRH milk diet it was 3 pints of semi skimmed milk a day
2 diet yogurts
sugar free jelly (optional)
3-4 portions of fruit a day. but should include a banana, or grapes or orange.

Nothing else.

but tea coffee, sugar free ice pops are also allowed.

I had most of my milk microwaved and as milky coffee.

hugs
Kate
xx

Thanks for that South-beach, I dont like milk, dont even like tea or coffee, so I'm waiting for low fat one. Rang again this morning they said dont panic it should be here tomorrow, if not ring them back. I asked about my pre op they said it will be in the letter and it should be next week , so fingers crossed and anything else that you can cross, They did say everythings still ok for the 29th June but how can they say that when I've not had my pre-op yet, STRESSSSSSSSSSS or what.

lindy62

Bless you - how frustrating!!

You would have thought in this day and age they would have heard of email!!

I hope it arrives soon. I started my diet 'late' as they bought the date forward and all was ok xx

Hello, I'm 1 week into mine...I'm allowed>
Clear soup (consomme or stock cubes)
Sugar free jelly
Clear fluids - fruit tea, sf squash
2 eggs
1 piece grilled chicken OR white fish
80g green veg and green salad
3 small portions fruit a day
3 litres fluid a day
Anything not on list is not allowed!
I have lost 6lb in the week I've been on it, only averaging approx 700cals a day x hope that helps x

Oh dear thats not good Lindy!
I had the sleeve 5 days ago and 2 weeks prior I followed a very strict milk diet there was a choice of yogurt or milk I chose milk as you can have sugar free milkshakes etc and coffees I also added in the sugar free jelly which was nice!
Hope it all works out for you asap
Good luck
Kaz
xx

Lost

Hi I am new, started march 2012.Had app for dietitian and bariatric nurse also saw surgeon August 2012 he. Agreed for gastric. Bypass. I've heard nothing since.the surgeon I saw has. Since left so I didn't no who. I was under.finely found out its mr small.telephoned secretary she said I hadn't even been in front of committee. 2weeks go past and still no further forward telephoned again and she said she would ask for an emergency app.that was 9 days ago still no word.i feel really dispondant. the weight I had lost I have regained,sorry for spelling

Thanks for all your replys. If nothing comes today I'm not getting on the phone until I get it emailed to me, don't care how many calls I have to make. Getti I think the average time at Sunderland is about 18 months to 2 year, I know they say 12 months at the seminar but I had my seminar in august 2011, so that's nearly 2 year wait for me, so please don't lose heart remember the more weight you lose the more favourable it looks at your next appointment.

lindy62

Hi Lindy62
If i can find the e-mail i got from my surgeons secretary, i can email it you if you like
private message me & i will send it ... unless i can find a way of getting it up on here !

Hi Lindy62
If i can find the e-mail i got from my surgeons secretary, i can email it you if you like
private message me & i will send it ... unless i can find a way of getting it up on here !
sorry i have both milk & low carb/protien diets in e-mail

Thanks to everyone for all your help but I received an phone call followed by an email from the dietician with both pre-op diets. Alsoo received my pre-op date and my confirmation for my surgery letters in todays post AT LAST. Now I can start to panic about surgery instead lol

lindy62 :clap:

Great news Lindy good luck and dont worry about the surgery! you will be looking back in a years time with a smile on your face as you will by then had lost weight :D

Good Luck

Kaz
x

Hi I am new, started march 2012.Had app for dietitian and bariatric nurse also saw surgeon August 2012 he. Agreed for gastric. Bypass. I've heard nothing since.the surgeon I saw has. Since left so I didn't no who. I was under.finely found out its mr small.telephoned secretary she said I hadn't even been in front of committee. 2weeks go past and still no further forward telephoned again and she said she would ask for an emergency app.that was 9 days ago still no word.i feel really dispondant. the weight I had lost I have regained,sorry for spelling

Try and get transfered to Darlington, I had my semiar on 26th Feb, follow up appointment on 4th June and went back on 19th June to see consultant who has given me a date of 14th October, he wanted to do it in August but I am starting a new job in 2 weeks so did not want it done then. They are much faster and it seems more efficent at Darlington. Your gp can transfer you. Good luck and stay focused. xx

Back