• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i had my surgery monday (gastro by pass)

AngieJones

Hello everyone I had my surgery done Monday got discharge from the hospital Wed and I been home 2 days and omg I have never thought this will be sooooo life changing ,I depend On my fiancé for help I think of oz of water even. In my sleep and I never knew a burp will make me so happy hehe. I just hope I am strong enough to excel...

Welcome to the site,

Take things slow and easy at first , I hope it all goes well for you:)

Hello everyone I had my surgery done Monday got discharge from the hospital Wed and I been home 2 days and omg I have never thought this will be sooooo life changing ,I depend On my fiancé for help I think of oz of water even. In my sleep and I never knew a burp will make me so happy hehe. I just hope I am strong enough to excel...

I had my surgery on Monday too ... hope you are recovering well. I am still very sore & eating doesn't really appeal much but I am trying to be a good patient, lol. Good Luck for the rest of your journey, Angie xxx :)

TwinkleTwinkle said:
I had my surgery on Monday too ... hope you are recovering well. I am still very sore & eating doesn't really appeal much but I am trying to be a good patient, lol. Good Luck for the rest of your journey, Angie xxx :)

Hello Twinkle. best of luck as well food haven't appeal to me either but the. Sore and gas inside drives me insane and also I feel like a knot at time in my throat to my stomach that I have to make breathing exercise. hope u getting all ur liquid in and Goos Luck in ur journey as well. :)

lol, I know what you mean about having your first burp - I was so happy when it happened to me. The little things in life make you so happy. :D Good luck with the rest of your WLS journey. xx

Welcome on board and heres to a smooth journey xxxxxx

Hello Twinkle. best of luck as well food haven't appeal to me either but the. Sore and gas inside drives me insane and also I feel like a knot at time in my throat to my stomach that I have to make breathing exercise. hope u getting all ur liquid in and Goos Luck in ur journey as well. :)

Try walking and swinging your arms to relieve the gas ( as though your doing bust exercises!!)

hope you feel well soon,

ohh the joys of what i have waiting for me lmh

Glad things went okay Angie :D...Take it easy and reap the rewards in the future.
Take Care

Andy x

Welcome to the site heres to the rest of your new life x

I had mine the Friday before yours (the 30th), was a but bumpy and in hospital for 7 days. Came home last Thursday. Getting there. bit gassy. And not had the 'big poo' they said I would have when I got home. Just two small ones. Wound is healing and I'm walking about, every few hours go around the garden, taking in fluids okay. Just battling with milk and Fortimel but holding it down now.
Just looking forward, my throat hurts at night, but better each night.
Welcome to the site, you will find it invaluable, true friends who totally get our ups and our downs.

ryanrara said:
I had mine the Friday before yours (the 30th), was a but bumpy and in hospital for 7 days. Came home last Thursday. Getting there. bit gassy. And not had the 'big poo' they said I would have when I got home. Just two small ones. Wound is healing and I'm walking about, every few hours go around the garden, taking in fluids okay. Just battling with milk and Fortimel but holding it down now.
Just looking forward, my throat hurts at night, but better each night.
Welcome to the site, you will find it invaluable, true friends who totally get our ups and our downs.

Hi question what did you take to hospital with you was missing things you should have took ? Silly question havnt even got a date yet .things that run through my head ? Glad your doing little better .speedy recovery

3 sets of loose pj's. Very loose as I was swollen all over. Couldn't wear slippers due to swelling so my mum brought me flip flops in end. I was advised to take mouth spray and was best advice ever, as initially mouth was so dry. I usually use herbal sensitive toothpaste but had to have my mom bring a plain toothpaste, found the herbal made me sickly. I took a book and magazines but couldn't face them for a good 3 days . Hope that helps

ryanrara said:
3 sets of loose pj's. Very loose as I was swollen all over. Couldn't wear slippers due to swelling so my mum brought me flip flops in end. I was advised to take mouth spray and was best advice ever, as initially mouth was so dry. I usually use herbal sensitive toothpaste but had to have my mom bring a plain toothpaste, found the herbal made me sickly. I took a book and magazines but couldn't face them for a good 3 days . Hope that helps

Thanks

Back