• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Both myself and my daughter have had RNY surgery

Annabro

Hi Everyone

I have been lurking for quite a while since i had my surgery in January 2014. My daughter had her RNY surgery 2 years prior to mine and gave me the courage to do it myself. We are both so very happy with our results. She is now in the very early weeks of pregnancy which is throwing a whole lot of new issues to deal with. As her mum I am very anxious for her. She has PCOS and also a condition which causes her to faint and fit when her body is undergoing changes. I am wondering if there is anybody on here that has had RNY surgery and has since become pregnant and carried to full term. Any reassurance would be very welcome. she has spoken to her by pass consultant and will now be closely monitored by her midwife and obstetric consultant, but hasnt got to that stage yet. she has just fainted and fitted and I am now concerned that this will continue to happen throughout her pregnancy. should she be even more aware of what she is eating?

thanks for listening to me and apologies for the ramble.

Anna x

Hi there,
I havent any advice unfortunately but wanted to send my congratulations to you both on the pregnancy and hope that everything goes well with baby/grandbaby :hugs:

Hi Luna

Thanks for the response, your good wishes are very much appreciated. Hope all is well with you.

anna x

Back