• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

By-pass, At last! I have had my surgery and all is well.

Hi everyone,

Fantastic news at long last. I want to share my news with you all. I had my gastric by-pass at Charing cross Hospital in London last Wednesday. I kept my date a secret as I was scared something would go wrong. I have struggled for so long and I was afraid something would spoil things for me. Some of you will know that I have been fighting for funding at my local hospital for such a long time. I have been turned down for funding 3 times. I have been so depressed at being refused funding. In the end I wrote to Charing cross obesity clinic and explained my situation. They agreed to see me and they agreed to my surgery. They do not need the funding for by-pass surgery for some reason they have their own method of funding, I didn't ask too much details as I was just so grateful to get my surgery. So here I am with my by-pass. I am so happy. I have no pain. The treatment at Charing Cross was second to none. I can not express how happy I am with the whole experience. The team at Charing cross really care.

If any one who has a funding issues then contact Charing cross Hospital obesity clinic and explain your case. All you need to do is ask your GP to refer you to their clinic.

My BMI was 53. I first contacted Charing cross in March 09. I had my surgery on the 29 July.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me through so many heart aches leading up to my surgery. I am so grateful.

Sarah,

This is so fantastic, it actually brought tears to my eyes, I am so frickin happy for you, massive hugs and lots of recover quick wishes....:winner:

Yours is such a feel good story Gingernutter. Congratulations on your surgery. Hope your recovery goes as smoothly as your surgery seems to have gone. Happy losing :).

sarah, what fantastic news glad to hear you are on the loosing team.
your new life and journey can start now.
i wish you a speedy recovery with lots of losses
good luck best wishes and take care
kerryx

Fantastic news that you've had your op hun, and hope to hear more of how you're getting on xx:D

So pleased to hear your news

Take care
Irene x

Congratulations on your succesful op. I am scheduled for a bypass at Charing X in November so pleased to hear they looked after you so well.

Now the hard work begins...:D

Thank you so much for all your lovely replies. I am so so happy. No pain and doing well. I can not believe how well I feel. I would do it again in a blink of an eye. Charing cross is a fabulous hospital.

I must say a big thank you to those of you who kept the secret with me. My local PCT almost crushed me! I thank God that this is finally over!

Last edited:
Such great news, really nice to hear all is well, good luck girl you deserve it

Back