• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

By-pass, At last! I have had my surgery and all is well.

gingernutter

Hi everyone,

Fantastic news at long last. I want to share my news with you all. I had my gastric by-pass at Charing cross Hospital in London last Week. I kept my date a secret as I was scared something would go wrong. I have struggled for so long and I was afraid something would spoil things for me. Some of you will know that I have been fighting for funding at my local hospital for such a long time. I have been turned down for funding 3 times. I have been so depressed at being refused funding. In the end I wrote to Charing cross obesity clinic and explained my situation. They agreed to see me and they agreed to my surgery. I didn't ask too much details about the funding as I was just so grateful to get my surgery. So here I am with my by-pass. I am so happy. I have no pain. The treatment at Charing Cross was second to none. I can not express how happy I am with the whole experience. The team at Charing cross really care.

If any one who has a funding issues then contact Charing cross Hospital obesity clinic and explain your case. All you need to do is ask your GP to refer you to their clinic.

My BMI was 53. I first contacted Charing cross in March 09.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me through so many heart aches leading up to my surgery. I am so grateful.

Last edited:
Fantastic news :D bet you fell sooo happy, Im so pleased for you.
Now to start your new self kick back and enjoy it, you definately deserve it

Good luck on your journey

Thanks for sharing that gn. You must feel so elated! Well done. Make sure you take it easy now for a few weeks. Do just as you are advised and ask charingcross if you aren't sure about something. I am thrilled for you. x x

Great news! You so deserved this!

Lx

Glad it all went well :)

Sarah it was hard work keeping my mouth shut as i wanted to soooo wish you well for your op. Im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pleased everything went well and you are now on the loosing side. well done on never giving up you are a true insperation.
carole

sarah im so glad that you have had your op, im really pleased that you are now on the losers side xxx

liz xxx

fantastic well done girl all the best for the future
regards Steve

Well done. I haven't read your story, but your write up has such feeling to it, I can imagine what you must have been through. Perseverance and determination does pay off in the end. I'm drinking a toast to your success - here's to a new life Ginger nutter or should we now call you losing nutter???

Rebirth

Great news! I'm 18th August, and I hope it goes as smoothly as yours has :)

xxx

Sarah, you totally deserve this. I really admire you for not being defeated by the knock backs you have had. Your perseverance and determination have finally paid off for you and I'm delighted hun.

Looking forward to watching you shrink now. Much love xx

Woohooo wtg Sarah!! I wondered what had happenedd to you! Sooo pleased it all went well at Charring X and you are now on the losing side :D:D

Tanya x

Back