• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have a Question????

rickysmrs

was just wandering if it would be better if I started to eat healthier and loose some weight before my 1st consultation with consultant and dietition too show I am willing and able with full force ahead attitude?? or do I just go as I am and wait for them to put me on a weight loss programme???

Answers on a postcard to..................

Thanks for your answers in advance. xxxx

Ann

PS will most likely be having a by-pass if this makes any difference.:)

Hello

Tbh am not sure about bypass but I no with the band I followed health eating
But 2 weeks before they tell u 1week 1000cal then2 wk milk yoguart
I was told but I also think it also goes by ur bmi and ur doctor as I went private and I no some people on here have been told different

Hope this helps a little and gd luck
X

Lisa

i lost a stone and was not set a target weight loss just told to maintain my weight loss. got told i had done very well hope this helps

I would say at least try not to put on any additional weight. You could discuss the weightloss strategy with your consultant and ask him if weightloss will have an impact on your funding. For Islington PCT it didn't have a negative impact. However I am aware that some PCT will have different rules.

Good luck with your surgery!

That shoudlnt affect me either way because I have health problems which add to the funding being accepted. Thanks for your replies xx

Last edited:
It certainly can't hurt to eat more healthily, and start preparing yourself for life after surgery.. good luck xx

You need to be careful not to drop below a BMI of 40........It may not be relevant but NICE guidlines only advocate funding for Bypass for BMI's over 40 if this is what you wanted.
Also different NHS trusts and PCT's can also stipulate different criteria for funding xxxx

I personally wouldn't lose an ounce until you've had that first consultation and they have a record of your starting weight. My pct demand a BMI of 50+ now and not much lower for patients with co-morbidities so unless you know you've been accepted be careful. Very stupid advice I know but some pct's play very unfairly I'm afraid. Ask your surgeon/dietician if it will affect your funding if you start to diet now and I'm sure they'll be delighted for you to start.

Good luck

Kate x

Back