• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Went to a second GP..

Nina84

Hi
I wrote a threat before about when i visites my GP and he had told me that NHS does not fund weight loss surgery anylonger.

I then booked another appointment with another GP and he told me that i dont fulfill the criteria for the band as my BMI is 43 but needs to be 45. He advised me to go for a weight management program under the NHS and referred ne to them.

Has anyone been in that situation before? Will the NHS then tell me if i qualify for the gastric band or not depending on how my progress will be?

How long will i need to wait for the NHS to start the program with me?

Xx

vampalicious said:
hi, ive been turned down 3 times for a bypass ( i have a lapband that failed 5 years ago)
im 3 months into a weight management course, and dont know if i will still be considered for the bypass at the end of it, but just going along with everything they tell me to do.
my course is for 6 months, i had to go to a meeting first then it started 2 weeks later,

if you need to have a bmi of 45 and yours is only 43, then losing more weight will just make your bmi drop even more so i doubt they will go ahead with funding, im not sure :( good luck, its a long hard road :( xx

Thanks for ur ur reply.
How is the weight management course? Do they tell you what to eat and do? Or how is it?

vampalicious said:
i just have a meeting every two weeks with an advisor, shes really nice but basicaly i get weighed. asked how im doing, thats it, i have to sort my own diet out ect, i think thats why im finding it hard because i have nothing to go by, just aking it up as i go along and eating more than i should :( x

Thats what im quite worried would happen to me.. I would probably just be gaining more weight like always when i try not to :(

Back