• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i have cheated................already

tinkywinky

SOOO HAPPY to be a loser!
well it didnt take long for me to fail- well thats how i feel.
this morning i had ............chocolate. two squares of my daughters bueno bar. calorie wise it wasn't too bad but it doesn't say much for my will power. if im tempted this early on what does the future hold for my losing. after i paid sooo much for this opportunity to loose i cheat........
also had tiniest piece chicken at tea a couple hours ago and i feel dreadful.
im feeling hungry but feel blocked up. hope this passes soon.
sorry to moan.

Hunnie, I promise your not alone and i was worse!!!

I cheated just over a week after my op (18th June)...se earlier threads from yesterday.... oh no here we go......

I'm sure we will be ok, but this is the reason we needed this op...as obviously you are like me and have zero will power! Counting the seconds down to the first fill ...got just under 4 weeks to wait!

I am sure i will be the only person to put weight ON!

Keep at it tinkywinky....we can do it ....

xx

thanks for your reply. i see we were banded at similar time so i look forward to hearing your story. ive got my first fill 18th july.

Don't feel disheartened hun, I used to sit and eat a couple of family sized bars easily, so I allow myself a square or two, and it feels great just to stop there.

Don't punish yourself xxxxxx

dont worry yourself to much iv polished a cheesecake off once! i look at it now not as dieting as my band is in for life so im now on a healthy eating plan but you have to live babe as well and part of living is having things that maybe indulgent the difference is between having a few squares of choccy and eating 4 or 5 bars. you are going to have tempatations there forever its learning to live with food not for it. if i eat something naughty i also exersice for an extra 20mins then i know i wont gain iv been this way since being banded and have lost nearly 6 stone so dont be disheartened your only human with alot of habbits to break

Hi Tinkywinky

let me help take some of that guilt from your shoulders.....I'm sitting here right now having a Gin & fresh orange juice....and it tastes FAB :D

I had my first dietician chat yesterday and she said not to count calories, have whatever you want (preferably low cal and not chicken as it hurts ;)) but let the band tell you when to stop.

the thing is, before you could probably have eaten a bueno without even realising it (they are lush after all) BUT you only had 2 little pieces...that's ok!!

don't beat yourself up...we're still learning :hug99:

i cheated today aswell i went in to the corner shop felt peckish so i thought first time in a sweetshop after my band see what i can have did plan on a normal dairy milk but guilt got me and ended with a kinder snacksize bar the small 20p bar whereas b4 i would quite easily of got the £pound size dairy milk and mint dairy milk and polish them off in 2 days!! so even though i had choc i felt good, so dont be sad we have this band for the rest of our life you know!!!!;))

Last edited:
2 squares of chocolate? Not bad to say you'd normally eat more but the band is obviously working for you even if its only through the guilt of what the band cost you lol.Don't get too stressed over it because I'm sure we're all allowed a little treat once in a while. Good luck on sticking with only 2 squares and not 2 big bars.

I try and look at life in general like this...
" Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every "
time we fall...............

Mark with the Wisdom..x

we ALL cheat at some point its part of the ajusting process which is perfectly normal x just because we have a proceedure it dont change how we think and attitudes towards foods, that is learnt with experience x

xx you realised as soon as you did it that you had made a mistake but like others have said it was 2 squares not the full pack of 3 !
You are human and we all make mistakes learn from it but dont take away every enjoyment 2 squares !! come on xx

I have cheated...and certainly a lot more than 2 squares of chocolate! Lol. After my last fill (had band privately too, so know about the expense as Hubby had one as well!) and have followed the SW plan (as much as I can eat, not to have the unlimites quantities as before), it works! My Consultant at my last appointment in February put on my notes - "keep up what ever you are doing" and I will see him in November!
We all have the little slip ups, its what we do about it afterwards that the main thing!

thanks for all your support. today is another day and im just trying to adjust. im sooo pleased with my loss to date and intend to carry on. i guess i cant drop my guilt stick yet. its around all the time and used on a regular basis. yesterday it went into override on 2 squares...................only 2 tiny little squares.

Back