• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have survived

maz71 v

Pre op wobble

I'm having to 4 weeks of milk diet :-( 10 days in and had a binge!! Rivita, chicken, ham, cottage cheese.

I've been having green salad & ham for an evening meal as struggling.

Reached 12lb loss but surgery. Booked for 13/8. Is there still hope for me?????

Back to it today xx

Maz don't beat yourself up. 4 weeks is a long time of the milk diet but if it's what your provider wants then you must do it. I am over half way through the 2nd week and this last couple of days has been HELL!!!!!

Hi Maz

There is still hope BUT you HAVE to stick to the diet your provider has given you and stick to it rigidly. If they say it's the milk diet only then you have to stick to the milk diet only.

If you are struggling to cope with 4 weeks following an eating plan, how are you going to find it after the operation?

(Sorry if that sounds harsh but struggling to find the words to put it without sounding preachy!!)

The milk diet is tough BUT if you don't do as you are told you do risk not having the op, there are plenty of people on here who have been knocked out only to find that the surgeon can't carry the op out as they can't get the liver out of the way. I had to do a month and two weeks on the milk at separate times prior to the op, but I am so glad I did.

Its even harder after the op in the initial few months, so you will have to work at getting your head into the right place.

Good luck give it all you have got!!!

Back on track.

Away for the weekend but have phoned ahead and said I can't eat!!!!

Yes it did make me think how am I gonna cope after. And believe me my mind is in a total spin!!!!!

But let's face it, 35 years of over eating are not gonna be undone in 10 days!!!!

Back on track.
But let's face it, 35 years of over eating are not gonna be undone in 10 days!!!!

How about giving your a consultant a ring today and saying that to him? Would LOVE to see his face.

I know what my consultant's reaction would be !!

Hi,
I am on my last 2 days of pre op diet, l had my op cancelled last week due to no beds, so have been doing diet for nearly 4 weeks, my consultant allowed me 4 days off diet after the cancellation but l did still eat sensibly, then got straight make to it, but am now finding it more hard, but the thought of them not doing the op because of not sticking to my diet is enough to keep me going. I am sure if you have just strayed the once so early in the diet you will be ok, the lead up to the op is the most important time.
Good luck and take 1 day , 1 hour at a time!
Helen

Hi maz, I only had to do 2 weeks but really struggled as I actually don't like milk. I had a to ring the dietician after 7 days as I just couldn't keep the milk down an they gave me a 1000 calorie a day diet instead. I found this so much easier. There was 3 different options available, milk & yogurt, slim fast or the 1000 calorie one. I know everywhere is different but might be worth ringing an asking if there's another option. Hope it gets easier whatever you chose xx

Don't be too hard on yourself... Just get back on track now and stick to your diet. All the best for the future. X

Thanks girls... I really needed some support, thank you for your positive words xx

18 days to go..... Had a couple of wobble days ... And had forgot my happy pills.. So head back on gear.

I know it will be worth it and just need to drive through the hunger!!

I'm on the slim fast pre op so nooooo where near as bad as poor ladies on milk alone xx

I never had to do the milk diet or slim fast, i had to stick to low carb, low sugar, low fat and moderate protein and stick to 800 kcal per day, each provider must be different. Milk diet sounds grim, good luck with it all x

Don't worry Maz noone got to be our size without having food issues so I am not sure what Lincs Lass means. I would hope any consultant worth their salt would say you are quite right, you aren't going to be able to undo all the thoughts in your head to start with, and that the surgery is just a tool to help you do that.

If we could be resolved of our food issues before surgery, then we wouldn't need it. Simples!

I agree, it's not easy. As you say, years and years of overeating isn't easily erased, but try and do your best... The fear of not having the op kept me going. It really might be a good idea to check if they have another diet option... I started on milk and yogurt diet for two weeks, then op got cancelled due to bed shortage, and when I started Very tired again, I switched to slim-fast, as I found that easier and more enjoyable. What ever you do, I wish you the best. X

Thank you girls. Been back n track last few days. Not sure either wot linc lass meant! Some people hey..... But thanks lovely ladies for support , it REALLY does help xx

Well, after wobble and getting back on track ... Have been away staying at relatives and have been an excellent pre opper!!!
Only negative found some sugar free diabetics sweets in boots to suck on plane and given me hideous wind and upset tummy lol!

On a plus..... Window shopping round sales was very inspiring to all the beautiful frocks I will be in next year x

Hope all you lovely ladies who got me tho last week are doing well x

Back