• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss following gastric band

Karen Barry

HELLO ALL.........

I need some help...................what am i doing wrong???

Had my band fitted 7months ago, lost 12lb :confused:
My portion sizes are really reduced, for example today ive had a small bowl of specialk with skimmed milk for breakfast.
3 ryvitas with low fat cream cheese and ham + a packet of quavers for lunch
Tea will be a normal meal off a tea plate or salad plate depending on how hungry i am. It could be pasta with chicken or salmon 2 new pots and veg...just what id call normal meals.
I sometimes have a piece of fruit/cereal bar or yougurt as well
Thats my adverage day!!! I exercise at the gym1-4 hours a week.

I dont drink fizzy....only have low cal or drink water, tea with skimmed milk.

Recently been diagnosed type 2 diabetic and put on metformin.

I have 8mls in my band and im not sure i feel restriction....a bit painful sometimes on the initial first mouthful or so.

What am i doing wrong?? Why am i not loosing weight....i would be happy with 1-2lb a week!!!

ANY IDEAS OR ADVICE WOULD BE GRATEFULLY RECIEVED!!!:eek:
xxx

cherry

didnt want to read and run but i am interested as im hopefully lapband to..... bit bizarre hey hun xx

Amrac1

I'm a bypasser so no real advice. But have you spoken to your surgeon/team? They are in the best position to advise you. Good luck and keep us posted

phatmomma

Your food choices look okay to me, although i am a bypasser. I do know some banders try and avoid bread/pasta/potatoes.....

Maybe you should look at your protein intake? That's the only thing i can think off...apart from how much fluids you're taking in?

Sorry to hear about your recent diagnosis of type 2 diabetes!

I hope one of our experienced banders comes by soon to offer advice...

Good luck and try and keep the faith xx

ps there is a thread somewhere that the banders have listed what kind of things they are eating in the day, maybe you could find it and have a look at it :) x

poo bear

Hi Karen, sorry to hear about your band trouble ! I will be intrested to hear how you get on as i am waiting to have my op . All the best Marie.:D