• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I have survived

Was just looking for support. Not condemnation!!!

Glass houses and all that!!'

Glad to see you are back on track maz :) Sometimes though the support we need has to be a kick up the backside too hun whither we like it or not. I'm due to go on my pre op for two weeks on Thursday I'm not disillusioned over how hard it is going to be. I have worked bloody hard to get to this stage and I don't intend to blow it by having a wobble. The last thing I want to do is waste my surgeons teams time by opening me up only to discover that my liver is too stiff and big to carry on also I would be devastated to wake up and find that it couldn't go ahead because I didn't play by the rules. It depends on your perspective but I'm fortunate that I have had 8 months to get my head into gear but regardless of what our path is on this WLS trek we all have to do so anyway. If we can't do the pre op are we really ready for the major leap into bariatric surgery?
Good luck hun I'm sure you will fly through the rest of your pre op I know I'm dreading mine ;) x

That's great... Be careful, I didn't even eat anything sugar free, I didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed to during the diet. But I'm sure you'll be fine.

I'm sorry you were offended by what I put before.

Glad you are back on track.

16lb lost on pre op and 15 days to go ....my liver will sooo delicious Hannibal would want it with a bottle of chianti lol xx

Wow!! 16lb already lost what a plus for the pre op ... I bet you are well chuffed Well Done :)
Not expecting such miracles for mine but it would be nice ... I have asked my daughter to take the scales away to her house for the time being.

Last edited:
Was just looking for support. Not condemnation!!!

Glass houses and all that!!'

Don't listen to the "holy than thou" people on here... its natural you will have a wobble - its not easy! I think some people forget...

BUT keep going! Ive got this to look forward to!! Awaiting my date....

Ps - do you have a Westie? Ive got one - called Hamish (aged 4).

Don't listen to the "holy than thou" people on here... its natural you will have a wobble - its not easy! I think some people forget...

BUT keep going! Ive got this to look forward to!! Awaiting my date....

Ps - do you have a Westie? Ive got one - called Hamish (aged 4).

its not holier than thou its reality your surgeon can tell when he opens you up if you have done it properly , if you cant stick to a few weeks on milk how are you going to get your head around the changes a bypass needs indulging wobbles is surely just allowin failure .

Don't listen to the "holy than thou" people on here... its natural you will have a wobble - its not easy! I think some people forgot....

Hardly :mad: I was going through the pre op too at the same time forgetful I am but not that bad!!

Ditto MooMoo

Wow!!! Am I still being slated for asking for support 5 weeks ago!!!

Well for those who are still having a go..... I lost 26lb pre op, had a liver Hannibal would want to devour, and now 13 days post op and total 33lb!!!
So stick that in your negative pipe and smoke it lol!!!

Yes I have a westie, spike 2 1/2 and he's adorable xxxx

My comment was not aimed at you maz but at pip but i do stand by my previous comments ... well done on your loss and for turning yourself around ... if you cant accept that well then hey ho I won't lose any sleep ;)

Wow!!! Am I still being slated for asking for support 5 weeks ago!!!

Well for those who are still having a go..... I lost 26lb pre op, had a liver Hannibal would want to devour, and now 13 days post op and total 33lb!!!
So stick that in your negative pipe and smoke it lol!!!

Yes I have a westie, spike 2 1/2 and he's adorable xxxx

WELL DONE!!! I bet you feel SO good??? Many congrats.

I sincerely didn't intend to re-start an argument - its all very well giving people "a kick up the butt" but that clearly wasn't what you needed. Sounded like you needed a HUG, support and compassion! Which is what I offer. IMHO... realism is ok - but you have to know the person, be confident that the person "can" accept it... and its better done face-to-face, than on a forum.

Ive got a Westie - Hamish... he's 4yrs old, and cant wait to spend more time with him - once Im more mobile (post op!)

So pleased you managed the milk diet I'm really struggling with it too..and I only did 8 days milk.. previous 3 weeks were 1000 cals
Well done!!!!

Back