• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I know I shouldn't compare but.....

Karma67

I'm 13 days post op and have lost a total of 8 1/2 lbs since the op........does this sound slow weight loss or about right??:sigh:

The woman who had her op same day as me same surgeon, and also weighed less than me has lost over a stone already!:eek::cry:

Plus....sorry for the moan and ramble lol....I have no problems swallowing tablets whole, I haven't felt hungry although yesterday I did (maybe it was head hunger), also I'm supposed to be on liquids for 2 weeks post op then soft diet BUT yesterday (after reading about them on here) I had extra light crisp dutchcake with extra light garlic and herbs philly on it .....my god it was delicious...so much that I had about 4 during the day :eek:, and had no pain/reflux etc after eating it and now worrying maybe I pushed it too much as it was 2 days before I should officially start soft diet :eek::cry:

Aww hun ive put on here about my weight loss being a bit slow but eveyone is different. The one thing i would say is to take it steady and go through the stages of pureed food first before taking anything else, you are only 2 weeks post op and everything might still be swollen and need time to settle down first.
Its frustrating going through the stages i know but you will be pleased you did it allows valuable time for healing and adjustment to your new pouch. Remember plenty of fluids tho:) lol

Good luck hun:)

Sharon xx

I can also relate to how u r feeling, and tbh this really messes up my head as i got obsessed and was constantly thinking how come others are doing better than me, and tbh that is not a route u want to go down, there are lots of reasons why someone might lose weight faster than but one thing u must always remember and it has taken me 6 weeks to accept this " We all have different journeys and no 2 journeys are the same, so we must not compare ourselves to others"
I had a stall from day 6 and it stopped at day 25 then 2 days late it stalled again till a week ago so we are all very different.
You have done so well, so many people gain weight in the first week and we are pumped with so much water so be pleased that u have a fab weight loss.

When it comes to jumping an entire stage without sounding judgemental pls be very careful although u have not had any side effects ur pouch is still healing and will be for some time and is not ready for crackers 14 days post op.
I have to be honest and say i did start the solid stage 2 days early as i was desperate to crunch something :)
Pls follow ur hospital`s guidelines and start the soft food stage as it gives ur body a chance to heal and that is so important.
Take care and looking forward to reading ur progress as the pounds fall away from u in the coming weeks xxx

It so hard not to compair with others it human nature, but dont let it get you down x they always say on the whole when you look back over a year you will have lost on avarage what was expected of you, its just you may loose different amounts at different times and at different speeds x

Thanks all x

Roch I did gain after surgery 2 kg infact, but i havent included that in post op weight loss as luckily I had read on here about it :)

I know i was naughty strarting soft diet 2 days early, but the crispbread do melt in the mouth so thought it would be ok :eek:

I need to concentrate on fluids as i'm finding them hard to fit all in...also i read on here about 90gs of protein per day. am I s'posed to be trying to get tht in at this stage?

ty for all advice x

Karma we are in the same mindset at the moment I had my op on 27th March and I have eaten crakers and even tried brown bread, I was wrong and ended up being sick so I have re-read my hospital notes and gone back to basics.
Do try and stick to what the experts say, its thier game and we need to play by thier rules
I hope this helps
Bryan

Thanks all x

Roch I did gain after surgery 2 kg infact, but i havent included that in post op weight loss as luckily I had read on here about it :)

I know i was naughty strarting soft diet 2 days early, but the crispbread do melt in the mouth so thought it would be ok :eek:

I need to concentrate on fluids as i'm finding them hard to fit all in...also i read on here about 90gs of protein per day. am I s'posed to be trying to get tht in at this stage?

ty for all advice x

I thought crispbreads were on the solid stage, they are in my hospital. If ur team include this as soft food then 2 days is not big deal :D:D:D

crispbreads are fine for soft stage as they do melt in the mouth, so you certainly wont do any damage, but remember they are carbs and therefore not the most nutritious choice. Some hospitals have their patients on crackers and crispbreads etc as their first meal in hospital so please dont think you will have done yourself any damage. You wont have.

We all compare to each other, even though we know we shouldnt. I'd say what you have lost is fab if you consider the water weight you will have gained whilst in hospital. Try not to worry. It all averages out in the end.

Thanks again all xx
well lets just say lesson learnt today...ate 2 crispbreads with tuna with extra light mayo...not alot on them but ate too quickly and boy did i suffer afterwards... for hours! :eek::rolleyes::cry:

I will not be doing that again!! just had 3 extra light cheese triangles for tea and a bovril drink! lol

I just need to learn the signals my body will send out to say 'ok thaat's enuff now!'

Back