• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When can i have a scrambled egg?

juliagulia

I am dying for a scrambled egg! I and a week and a half post op and needing a lil more substance. I had cottage cheese yesterday and it was great! I just don't want to push it. An egg scrambled seems light enough

What stage are you supposed to be on, as I did fluids for the fist two weeks.

I had scrambled eggs at about 2 1/2 weeks, I too was gagging for them! I made sure it was runny with quite a bit of milk. And never had any problems. But then I haven't had any problems with any food in the past 5 weeks since my op. I think my surgeon gave me a lead lined pouch that can take anything.

I have also had zingy lemon couscous, which might be good for you in a couple of weeks. runny cheesy mash, homous. I really went from the puree to solid foods albeit soft solid foods. I am not advocating this, but had no problems with sickness or food getting stuck. I have only been sick twice and that is because I ate too fast and didn't chew enough, so my fault entirely.

Good luck and keep us posted with your eating.

I'm on stage 2 full liquids. The said stage 3 mushy next Wednesday.... But I can't wait that long!!! If I have an egg Monday it's 2weeks from operation....can't wait!

just take your time hun, you do not want to damage your pouch. I was on puree for 4 weeks then mushy for 4 weeks. Scrambled eggs are mushy stage. try having more milk or slightly thicker soups. xxx

I don't have a puree then mushy stage separately. It's combined into the next stage and I'm on it for 6 weeks. I'm lactose intolerant since the surgery so gotta cut down on the dairy. I have been trying thicker soups. I'm holding out as long as possible

Ok I had one tonight! Taste was everything I wanted and more. I am only 2 days shy of 2 weeks post op. One egg filled me up, and so far no sickness. I am making sure I wait 30 min before sipping my drink.

Well done, I hope it stays down for you. I think you can tell yourself how you are feeling to some extent. I am not saying rush things, but some hospitals put people on puree on day two!

If you are having trouble with foods, it is best to go back a stage. I am eating really soft things and chewing really well. Take it easy, but if you try something and it is OK, that is good. It might not be OK the next time. I am probably the exception to the normal rule as I seem to be able to eat anything. The only symptom I get is a raised heat beat after some foods.

I think I am lactose intolerant too, but I would rather be loose than the other way!

Back