• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight stalled after 2 weeks post op. Ive lost a stone allteady but i was only 14 stone at start.

Tina Rogers

Weight stalled 2 weeks post op was losing half to one pound a day. now i been stuck at this weight for 3 days. i was only 14st to start with and in 2 weeks ive lost a stone but now it seems to be stuck. im eating just the same stuff and i still get hungry days. tonight i had 3 cream crackers with low fat dairylea spread on and after i had eaten it i felt sick and wanted to throw up then the feeling just went. and still havent felt this full feeling yet. maybe wen im on solid food it will more. oh and did anyone experience any hair loss? im eating lots of protien to try and make sure that dont happen.

Weight stalled 2 weeks post op was losing half to one pound a day. now i been stuck at this weight for 3 days. i was only 14st to start with and in 2 weeks ive lost a stone but now it seems to be stuck. im eating just the same stuff and i still get hungry days. tonight i had 3 cream crackers with low fat dairylea spread on and after i had eaten it i felt sick and wanted to throw up then the feeling just went. and still havent felt this full feeling yet. maybe wen im on solid food it will more. oh and did anyone experience any hair loss? im eating lots of protien to try and make sure that dont happen.
Try upping you protein and weighing weekly. Weight does fluctuate depending on fluid retention and bowel movements. At your stage I was only just changing from liquid to puree as was told no solids until at least week 4. Even then my first 'crispy' got stuck.

I'm surprised you're not on liquids as well. If you look around the forum you'll see it's completely normal to stall at weeks 2-5. It has happened to us all :)

If you're following the guidance given to you it will start moving again. Be patient, a stone in two weeks is about right. Just think it could've taken you weeks had you not had the operation.

As suggested up your protein even if it is a protein drink ..
Don't forget your body has gone through a major trauma and it will self protect itself .. this is totally normal ..
xxxx

Back