• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I`m now in the band club!!

LancsLass2

Hi all, well I`ve made it to tell the tale lol. Just thought I`d pop on to tell u all I`m fine ( apart from feeling like I`ve been run over by a bus lol ) I went down for my op yesterday at 5pm and the hour before I could feel myself shaking with nerves but once i was there I got a sudden feeling of calm ( not sure why ) but it helped! Got back in my room about half 6 and just kept wandering in and out of sleep all night. Got woken at quarter to six this am to tell me to get dressed and have breakfast ( yoghurt - yummy!! ) The discharge part of things was very rushed i thought. Got a bit of discomfort especially in my shoulder which I know, having been on this site, is wind so Thank you ladies & gents otherwise this pain might`ve worried me. Had my gripe water which seems to b easing it. Hope everyone else that had their op in the last few days r all well, sorry I didn`t see Dee & Kaz, what time did u go home, I was sat in reception till 10am having been one of the first there at 6.50am. - Shocking!!!

i think I might`ve seen u but I wasn`t sure ( didn`t look like your profile pic lol ) i saw someone walking out with their mum and i uumed and aahed at the time. I was sat next to the door in a grey coat!! I was next to last on the list. There were people walking about after their op before I`d even gone for mine lol.

Glad to hear all is well.....just rest, get fluids and take the pain relief, you will be bouncing and ready to rhumba in about 2 weeks...:D

well done LL, welcome to the losing side xx

hi and welldone
you must rest now and takecare put a hotwater bottle on your shoulder its great at easing that wind pain..
i am guessing you went to dolan as the discharge is very rushed i was pushed out at 6am and sitting in the morning waiting to be called was like a cattle market.. cant beleive you were there for that length of time ..
best wishes
emma

Glad you're home and well LL, congratulations on becoming a loser! plenty of rest, but keep moving as that will help shift the wind too x

glad all your ops went well i found rocking back and forward really helped with the wind and i really lolled at the hit by a bus comment i woke up in recovery and said oh my god iv been hit by a bus lol glad it not just me!

Thanks everyone for your well wishes I feel a bit better today, still a bit sore but I suppose thats to be expected. I`ll keep u all posted with my progress and I`ll b checking on yours too lol

No I didnt look like picture unfortunatly lol!!! My mom had me dressed up like an eskimo!!!!! She came back in and got me some water. Do you have blonde wavey hair? If so I think you was the only person I noticed.

Dee xx
I thought that might`ve been u but like I said I wasn`t sure and then you`d gone. No that wasn`t me that was another girl, I spoke to her and a few of the others whilst in the hospital. I have blonde ish hair which is quite wavy but it was tied back so u wouldn`t b able to c that. i know who u mean though! How u feeling today, ok I hope??

Hiya LL,

Im not too bad had a terrible night last night up for 4 hours with wind pain and CONSTIPATION!!! Send hubby for some Lactulose at 9 this morning, never had constipation in my life. Felt like Id give birth to a 10lb baby when I finaly went!!! Too much info.

Going to try and have a shower tomorrow, going to wrap my stomach up in clingfilm!!

Still woried about my port and getting a bra on, a few girls have replied on here so think I might be ok but it does feel sore under the dressing and its exactly where my bra goes across!!

Hope your ok.

Dee xx

Hiya LL,

Im not too bad had a terrible night last night up for 4 hours with wind pain and CONSTIPATION!!! Send hubby for some Lactulose at 9 this morning, never had constipation in my life. Felt like Id give birth to a 10lb baby when I finaly went!!! Too much info.

Going to try and have a shower tomorrow, going to wrap my stomach up in clingfilm!!

Still woried about my port and getting a bra on, a few girls have replied on here so think I might be ok but it does feel sore under the dressing and its exactly where my bra goes across!!

Hope your ok.

Dee xx
U should get on the scales if u think u`ve lost that much lol. I had a shower this morning didn`t cover it up though, I`ve no dressings either! Did u say u had 6 incisions? I`ve only got 5! Do u have stitches or have they glued them, mine r glued?? Isn`t it funny how different surgeons do different things?

Hi LL ,
Just wanted to say welcome to the loosing side ,rest well and good luck for your future journey.

Di x

Hiya LL,

Had a shower this morning but hubby cling film wrapped me!!! Some water went in but feel better for it.

I have 6 glued wounds and 1 stitched one inbetween my boobs, but bearing in mind my boobs are nearly on my stomach!!! That one has a dressing on it havent seen under yet.

Feelin alot better today have only had one lot of pain killer. Keep getting odd pain in port site thats about it but am hungry today.

Fed up of soup already. Does everyone get told to have fluids for 2 weeks????

Dee xx

Back