• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Advice please re Photos please, Confused!!

SacredSilence

Peter Facinelli & I
I have just received a letter from my Dr informing me that my PCT are happy for me to submit my own photos for funding for my abdominoplasty and I am :eek:

When we spoke on the telephone, She had told me that they ask for medical photos and that I would be getting an appt in the post to go to my local hospital for them so I am totally confused :confused: (I had asked do I send my own and she had laughed and said no etc).

Does this mean I am unlikely to get funding and that is why they don`t want to pay out for an appt/photos etc?

Also, How many photos should I send in? And just straight on photos or what?

Also, Do I have to send close ups? Photos with ALL of my in (cos otherwise it could be anyones tummy??) I have soooo many ????

Argh! Please help!! :(

Xx

Ring and clarify, for the cost of a phonecall you can get the right answers for your pct!

You look amazing btw xx

Hmmmm, no wonder you are confused! Do what Julie suggests...ring to double check exactly what they want. If they are happy for you to do your own, I would do some full frontal & full side profile pics, & a few close-ups. Hope you get some answers xxx

I took my own photos originally as I had to sit in front of a panel and appeal my case. My photos were shocking and I was topless in them, but they worked. I was then sent for the proper medical ones by the surgeon.

Hi.
I have been declined funding by my pct for breast reduction and uplift surgery, i have asked to meet with them to show them how hideous my breast are, but they wont meet with me, and they have declined funding on the grounds that i am not "an exceptional case".
Does any one have any advice for me? Despite letters of support from my gp, psychiatrist and local mp they have still declined funding at the external appeal.

Thanks so much for the replies and advice Xx

SO SORRY for taking so long to post, Had a mix of everything stopping me. Work, Kids off, Went away, Was sick etc etc etc lol

I handed my photos into my GP last Weds so am now waiting to see if/when I will hear anything. It was SO humiliating printing my photos :cry: I took my SD card to Tesco thinking I was going to be ok, But they still had to print them off and the bint at the till went through EVERY SINGLE ONE looking at them even though I said they were mine :cry: I look truly HORRENDOUS and never realised just how bad my stretch marks are :( £3.50 for the privilage of being embarressed and humiliated :cry: Oh well, If by some miracle I get funding, It will be worth it!

I wasn`t sure what I should wear etc so I just did a mid section shot in my *(non matching! lol) undercrackers - Think that was ok?

I took a shot from each side view, 2 of front view and I also took one of me squidging my tummy in my hands to prove a point!! Also took a couple of me holding my tummy up. I don`t think it looks bad enough for them to agree :(

I`ve not heard from my GP so I`m hoping she has received them (I left them with the receptionist as she had gone home - In a SEALED envelope lol).

I don`t know how long it takes for them to make a decision? Do I hear from them or my gp?

Not feeling good about this :( I reckon they`ll say no *whinge*whinge*whinge*

I hope everyone is well, I`m just getting over the flu.

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear

xxX

Back