• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i need advice

bubblegirl

hi everyone am new to this site and need advice. In the past i have lost alot of weight but it always comes back on and am sick of it, iam about 40 bmi so i should be able to get the band, but can they turn me away if after the doctor has referred me and my bmi has dropped because of trying again to lose weight while waiting for the op?

not heard of them turning you away but have heard the waiting lists are quite long. Your BMI needs to be between 19.0 and 25.0 to be healthy so you have to lose alot to get down to there. The thing is surgery will help you keep weight off yes but the other thing you need to be looking at solving is the mind set which makes you put it all back on again!! My only sugestion is you research it all well and as my surgeon said to me Gastric Band is only a tool you still have to have willpower and work with it. So if you struggle to keep it off then they said Bypass was the way forward but I just couldnt bring myself to go for that so had the band and will work with it and see how it goes. Good luck in whatever you do x

I have no idea but reading your stats see you have already knocked a hefty chunk off your bmi......

I hope it makes no difference to your provider, my only worry would be the smart arse in the office who dont know how hard it is to keep lost weight off and to continue a vlcd for an extended period of time may think you can achieve your goals without the help of surgery....

I hope i'm wrong and wish you well on your journey, please keep us informed of how it's going xxx

If it was me i would not lose any more weight till ur funding has been granted and the doc has said u can have ur op.
I see ur on CD ur weight will drop dramatically in a short time and that could affect ur funding app if u go under ur pct`s criteria.
Good luck with ur jouney and keep us updated x

Hi, im only new but your story seems similar to mine. I have lost alot of weight before my operation and "my" consultant told me that no matter how much weight i lose pre op i will still be allowed the operation as when i applied for it my bmi was 40+ and they understand that people can lose weight easily but will put it back on just as easy. But i am not sure wether that is the same with all consultants!

have been to the doctors on monday i was 39.2 he wont do anything for me, he said go on diet pills so today i went to the nurse and i was 39.7. On my scales i an half a stone more and on boots and other places its crap am well upset.

Back