• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Need some reassurance please

jackie nixon

Hi all im Jackie and ive had a lifelong battle with obesity. Im almost 50 and have a bmi to match my age:(
I was referred by my doctor to do a weight loss management course (Morelife) and i have been attending about 9 months now.
Initially i lost just over a stone but have put it back on and maybe a little more. Im an emotional eater and i spend my time between caring for my mum who has alzheimers and my partner who has a terminal lung disease.
My doctor agreed to refer me for sugery when i have done the tier 3 ( Morelife) but now im really worried he wont as i cant keep the weight off.
Anyone with any advice i would be really grateful.
You are all doing amazing !

Sorry I can’t help but try please to stick with it and welcome to the site xxx

They understand when people gain weight back. That's the reason they're considering surgery in the first place. Have you had appointments since you lost the weight and they know you lost it? I would always lose and gain and lose and gain between appointments but at each appointment would always weigh a little less than the last one. I think they just like to see that you're willing to try and change your habits. So just keep trying your best.
One thing i will say.. my journey to weight loss surgery was a really emotional one. If you're an emotional eater it will be really hard to control. Surgery is just a tool, you still have to stick to a healthy diet and make healthy choices and if you don't you can still gain the weight back. So it's best to take your time before surgery to try and change those habits.. That's one really good thing about doing this through the NHS. It might take longer to reach the goal but when you do get there you will feel mentally ready for it.

Hi Victoria,
I went to my morelife yesterday and the lovely lady that runs it is going to send a report to my doctor as apparently now she was saying you have to have done 10 months before your doctor can refer you.
My doctor is very aware of my weight as he weighs me every time i go and knows that 3 years ago i lost 7 stone and put loads back on. Then when i started morelife i lost just over a stone. but now as times gone on im the heaviest ive ever been.
My issue does not seem to be losing weight its always keeping it off.
Ive got so much going on in my life at the moment im so busy caring for sick relations i dont seem to get time to myself. I think i just need a good kick up the backside lol .

It's always really hard to get motivated when you already have so many things to worry about. The threat of the next appointment was always motivation for me. I was so scared they would tell me i couldn't have the op and i felt like it was my only hope so i made sure i kept getting back on the wagon.

Back