• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I NEED HELP WITH A LIST

sugga

Hi all, im wondering if you can all help me out with a list of things i need to buy for and after my wls please.

I have got so much to do that i cant think straight and it will be a big help.

If you can just list the things that you took along with you and the things that i need to buy in for after surgery too.

I will be on liquids i know that but any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Thank to all you lovely people:D xxxxx

Dearest make sure you have comfy nightwear and clothing to recover in... and loads of warm bed socks... this weather is not the best and a lovely soft warm telly blanket xxx

If i was you for the hospital i'd have some deflatine mints for the wind pains, some dry mouth spray (both brought from Boots), some no added sugar cordial for the hospital, unless you like warm water that is!

When you come out soups, squash, mini milk ice lollies, sugar free ice pops and tip tops....

Sanitary towels (if you still have a monthly visitor)... Also not sure how many people you've got to call on so maybe some long life milk? Save going out for it....

Can't think of much else xx

I took my own pillow as I cant sleep without it :D I took my kindle to read, NAS Vimto, moisturiser, dry mouth spray, deflatine, loads of knickers (dont ask why I always take loads of knickers lol) comfy nightwear, dressing gown, slippers, anti bacterial spray (wasnt sure if the ward was clean, but it was) face wipes.........ermmmm I think thats it...if I remember anything else I will add :D XX

Comfy granny knickers (so the elastic doesn't irritate your scars, cool comfy nighties/PJs, wash stuff, some trashy magazines, loose clothing to wear in & for coming out, sugar free juice (beats just plain water), something for trapped wind, a hand held fan (I found the hospital stiflingly hot so that was absolutely blissful), dressing gown, slippers & some trashy mags. That was all I needed, everything else I took in was a waste of time. I did take in ST's but I didn't need them. For coming home, I put a cushion in the car to protect my tum from the seat belt (I'm so glad I remembered that)! I went shopping before going in, to make sure I had suitable soups/footstuff in the house before going in and I also did some cooking/liquidising of foods etc the weekend before my op, so I had a good selection of pureed, mushy food frozen down in ice-cube trays for when I got home, I found that really helpful. xxxx

Thanks Angie, i do feel truly blessed, as i dont have much luck and i truly feel so lucky to have this surgery.
Oh i could cry its so emotional xxxx

Lol, I am the epitome of bad luck too, funny that isn't it?! My motto is: 'If anything can go wrong...it will'...but then I got my funding & got my surgery eventually too, so I can't complain at all. Cry if you want to....it is an emotional time as it really is life-changing xxxx

Back