• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Help, i need advice!

christinemarie

So I'm on my pre op diet and I haven't been drinking tea because I can't stand the stuff without sweetener. But then I got to thinking, if I'm allowed to drink diet coke which replaces sugar with sweetener why couldn't I have sweetener in my tea?
Now I haven't done so because I'm concerned that I'm using my desperation to justify using sweetener? Haha you know like when you would feel a bit light headed and NEED chocolate to help your low sugar (before the diet) anyways any help would be gratefully received xx

Hi,
When I was on my pre op I was allowed to have sweetener in my tea and coffee,and my pre op diet was for 4 weeks.
If I was going to give any advice though...is to try and knock the diet coke out,even though you say your allowed.
I notice your having a bypass,once you have this op it's advised not to drink anything fizzy.
So try and get used to not drinking it now,you'll be doing yourself a massive favour.

Hi, When I was on my pre op I was allowed to have sweetener in my tea and coffee,and my pre op diet was for 4 weeks. If I was going to give any advice though...is to try and knock the diet coke out,even though you say your allowed. I notice your having a bypass,once you have this op it's advised not to drink anything fizzy. So try and get used to not drinking it now,you'll be doing yourself a massive favour.

Thank you Emma Louise, I think I might swap to the tea, my pre op diet actually says as many diet fizzy drinks as you want. But I don't very much like them anyway, I have to stir it to defos it to be able to drink it haha, I only bought them in as something that may give me a little bit of energy because I'm running very low without tea from caffeine!

Thank you Emma Louise, I think I might swap to the tea, my pre op diet actually says as many diet fizzy drinks as you want. But I don't very much like them anyway, I have to stir it to defos it to be able to drink it haha, I only bought them in as something that may give me a little bit of energy because I'm running very low without tea from caffeine!

I think that's a bit naughty of your diet sheet to say as much fizzy as you want...in my opinion they should be advising to cut it out,especially as it's so bad for bypassers after the op....the odd time I've had a sip do fizzy now it's like torture!
I was trying to think back to what I had to give me a bit of energy on the diet sheet..but it was such a long time ago..my memory can't remember!..lol
Good luck

Hi

I drink bucket loads of tea! Usually 10 cups a day but I was told it was fine to drink tea with sweetener on my LSD but maybe not as much!

I cut down to about 5 cups a day and my liver was perfect

Best of luck to you xx

Xx

Hi I drink bucket loads of tea! Usually 10 cups a day but I was told it was fine to drink tea with sweetener on my LSD but maybe not as much! I cut down to about 5 cups a day and my liver was perfect Best of luck to you xx Xx
That is brilliant becky2123 thank you so much, I have been feeling extremely tired without tea (because I can't drink it without sweetener). It's going to make my next few days a bit more bareable xx

You're welcome!

I love my tea,it's not worth approaching me if I haven't had some so I feel your pain!!

X

When I was doing my pre op diet I was told that I could drink Pepsi max as it had no sugar. I loved my tea but hated having it without sugar, so I bought Siverspoon sweeteners and they are the best I have had. I was on the milk diet for four weeks.

You can use sweeteners, there's lots out there but after you op you still have to be careful because they can cause a reaction. As for the fizzy drinks they are not good for you full stop but as others have said better to knock on the head now because you can not drink after bypass one because it will cause pain and it can stretch your pouch. You can drink as much tea as you like as long as you only use your milk allowance. Try fruit teas or drink a good quality coffee and drink without milk :)

Thank you all for the advice, I have started drinking tea with sweetener a limited amount to go along with my milk allowance. Which means I have stopped drinking the diet coke for the tiny bit of energy and caffeine that it gave me, even though I bloody hated! I'm also going to have a chat with them about the diet sheet that they gave me, it's pretty awful advice telling me I can drink 'unlimited' diet fizzy drinks when they know I won't be able to have any after x

Attachments

• image-1457650794.jpg
    image-1457650794.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 54
I've just tried to take a photo of mine but I can't do it but mine said : drink 2 litres of fluid throughout the day, oxo bovirl tea coffee. Do not use sugar in your drinks but you can use sweetener. Avoid alcohol and carbonated diet drinks :)

Back