• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shopping list for hospital

OMG OMG Mandy and Penelope how exciting for you both. A big huge dose of Irish luck being chucked your way. Miss Tickle I had to run to the loo too when I read that their ops were so near. :sick0019:My stomach is still churning. Oh Im soooo nervous - its like yea yea Im having the op blah blah no worries, and now its like OMG OMG am I actually going to go through with it, what if something happens, what if it doesnt work, what if ... what if ... I need to calm down now or Im gonna have a heart attack. Just one more week - I CAN do this :fear:

Ankaas, The pillow I was reminded about will go in the car on uesday so the other half doesn't forget it when he comes to get me.
I just remembered the few other bits to go in my bag, NAS squash, Rooibus teabags (naturally decaffinated tea from a south african herb), Peppermint oil/teabags to help with the wind to. I think thats it.
As for nerves and butterflys I am in a calm place at the moment and have been since I started the pre-op diet and so far it is still with me. It is as if something just switched in my head as I started it I haven't felt hungry or until last night tempted by anything, even shopping and working as a supervisor in the school breakfast club hasn't given me any problems. Long may this focussed and calmness last. I shed a few tears when friends gave me a gift and a card with such supportive notes in it that will see me through any dark times ahead. I tried to word a reply to thank them properly and it brought to the fore all those emotions that for so many years have made me feel worthless. Feel stronger again today so I think the cathartic effect of writing old fears and feelings down and shedding those tears was well worth it.

This thread has inspired me, still 6 weeks to go, but have just ordered nightie and dressing gown; good old M&S!

Back