• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need help!

ForMyHubby

I am a post-op girl (12/2004). But I didn't learn the healthy habits I was supposed to on the beginning because the dr I used didn't tell me it was important. Pre-op I was 378lbs . I got down to 228lbs. Then married and had kids. Now I am at 269 lbs. I need some support. My husband doesn't understand me when I try to get support from him. He doesn't know what it is like to be fat. He didn't know me then and he has alwAys been skinny. I want to get back on track to get to 190lbs by this time next year. I need a buddy to help me stay motivated and someone who knows what I am going through! Please help!

Last edited:
Hi welcome to the forum. Sorry to see that things have been hard for you and that you didn't get the advice that you needed at the start of your journey. You'll find that the people who use this forum are very helpful and supportive.

However, you have done very well and you're still over 110llbs lighter than when you had your op. It is hard when you can't get the support you need from those who are closest to you. Do you live in GB? If so perhaps you could join one of the local support groups near to you. I know that the people I have met both at Salford and the Spire have been a great help and inspiration to me. I have also been blessed in that my family and friends, (those who know about my op), have been very supportive. I was also lucky to be directed to this site at the start of my journey.

What type of op did you have? If you had the bypass have you thought about trying the pouch restriction diet to see if this helps you with your restriction. If the band, could you have a fill to help? I had my bypass in October 2010, so I'm quite early on in my post surgery wls. I'm planning to do aqua aerobics, belly dancing and walking to help me use my tool more effectively and maximise my weight loss in the first 12-18months.

I know that our over eating etc isn't just about the physical but also the psychological. Have you thought about asking your GP for a referral to the psychologist to see if that might help. I had counselling prior to my surgery and I'm waiting for a post op session. I know that this has helped with some of my issues regarding food, although not all.

I really hope you find the support you need on this forum. Hopefully someone with more experience will be along shortly.

Take care and God bless. Sending lots of hugs and support.

Rebirthxx

I'm guessing that you are in the US the way you have written your op date...

I'm more than happy to offer an online friendship via email or facebook if you think that could be enough, although i'm only 6 months out from my surgery :)

The 5 day pouch test is a good tool to have however i'm guessing you are saying you didn't turn to a healthier lifestyle as you say your doctor didn't offer much assistance in this direction....

My email for facebook is [email protected] or if you want to message straight to my email (this is the one i use mainly) then you can get me on [email protected] . Best of luck xx

Hi and :welcome: to WLS...you have come to the right place for support....we have lots of banders and bypassers here who are only to happy to share their wealth of experience :D XX

Hello and :welcome2:to the forum! Good place to come for lots of help and advice. Any questions that need answering someone will be about to offer help and support. Keep logging onto this site - you can learn an amazing amount from the people on here.

Good Luck with your future weight loss x :)

Take care hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

Thanks!

Thanks for all the replys. I was a little nerves about posting but am glad I did. Thought I would answer a few questions that were brought up.

I am in Virginia, USA but had the Gastric Bypass in Maryland. It was awesome!
I have heard of the pouch test and really want to do it, but I am nursing a 3 month old and I am not sure if it would affect my milk supply. I figured I would stay away from that at this point since you have to fast. I have been looking for support groups in my area and have been unsuccessful. So, I will def. be relying on WLS forums for help and motivation. I seem to be having trouble finding my way around on here. What do I do next from here?:17729:

Congratulations on your little one xxxxx It is really hard to find the motivation some times but i'm sure with all the lovely people on here you will be able to carry on your weight loss journey.....however you do right to think about your wee one first.............just a shame you weren't handed your wls tool kit at the beginning!!!!!!!! good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiya hun and welcome to the site.
You have taken your first HUGE step to your continues successful jourey just by joining a site and posting, so well done.
As for getting back on track - the 5 day pouch test really would be the most effective way to asses and regain some restriction - do you still have restriction? Can you still eat a large size meal?
Are you aware of the golden rules for effective weight loss?
Protein, protein and erm....more portein?! It literally is a huge part of our post op diet - not to sound daft - but are you aware of what foods consist of protein....I only ask incase you dont.
Surgical Weight Loss 5 Day Pouch Test
I agree with the above posting about not doing this until your baby has stopped nursing as he/she needs all the nutrients you can give - lots of veg etc...however you can concentrait on looking at your food habbits now. Cutting out the unhealthy stuff...or at least cutting down now - and always eating a meal consisting of preotein first - if still hungry the veg/salad and if still hungry, a small portion of carbs....this is a great idea - but I wouldnt cut carbs out straight away as your so far post op, and your nursing a bootyful baby - so cut down, rather than cut out.
Please feel free to add me to facebook or PM me on here - my details are on my signiture.
Again well done for having the courage to ask for help - and I do hope you get some support here :)

Congratulations on having a baby. I agree with you and Salski that this wouldn't be the time to try the pouch test. Breast feeding might help to kick start your weight loss until you wean your little one. Research shows that this kicks into play around 4months or so postnatal. Having lots of protein etc will also help. I'm sorry you haven't got a support group close by. Do any of the hospitals in your area perform bariatric surgery, perhaps they might have a support group or could team you up with someone who has had the op? Don't dispair, you have chosen a very good site for support. In the mean time, enjoy your baby and the holiday period.

love and hugs

Rebirthxx

....we have lots of banders and bypassers here who are only to happy to share their wealth of experience :D XX

cough....cough.... :D Sleevers too!! :giggle:

I would be more than happy to lend any sort of help that you need. Be it a shoulder to cry on or just someone to talk to.

You have definatly found the right place for support everyone here will wellcome you with open arms and will answer any queiry that you have.

Please dont feel like you are on your own, cause there is always someone here to talk to! xxxxxx

cough....cough.... :D Sleevers too!! :giggle:

I would be more than happy to lend any sort of help that you need. Be it a shoulder to cry on or just someone to talk to.

You have definatly found the right place for support everyone here will wellcome you with open arms and will answer any queiry that you have.

Please dont feel like you are on your own, cause there is always someone here to talk to! xxxxxx

Ooops sorry :eek: XX

Ooops sorry :eek: XX

You know i was joking right?? :eek:

I walked away from the computer and thought i hope it was read as a joke and not anything else!!

Sorrrrrryyyyyy!! :p xxxxxxxxxx

I know you were joking ;) .....you were joking right? lol.....only joking :eek: OMG I dont know if Im joking or not anymore! :D XX

I know you were joking ;) .....you were joking right? lol.....only joking :eek: OMG I dont know if Im joking or not anymore! :D XX

haha! Dont do that! I read the second bit and thought you were serious!! hahahah! :p

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back