• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I need help and advice desperately

jjsreal

Hello to everyone.
After I nursed and lost my Dad, Mum, Uncle and mother in law in the past 18 mths I decided to have a bypass with Mr Small privately. Unfortunately I have found that this option provides no support and after a heart 'blip, in the post op I have been overwhelmed with things and feel very isolated and fearful as I feel I know so little about things. My op was on the 23rd Feb and I need as many friends and as much advice I can get as I feel like the only person who has had this op (may sound odd but that is how it feels)

I am being treated for anxiety because of everything which doesn't help but right now I feel I need to know that there are people out there who have been through this and that I can ask advice.
Question - Am I the only one who can't eat 60g of protein a day?
Many thanks

I think that sounds a lot like a lot of people on here I am aware of Mr. Small he was one of the docs at hospital at SRH i would have thought youre diet bwill be similar to mine but mine now goes on amounts, 6 proteins a day, 2-3 carbs, 2 veg 2 fruit etc. Dietician recommended we don't get too hung up on calories just get used to small portions and guidelines of size which you do whenyou 1st come home someone else will come on and tell you what thye can have welldone for asking for help YOU MOST CERTAINLY NOT ALONE. Take care will watch out for your posts. xx

Here we are just ask away.
I am 8 weeks post op sleeve but had allergy complications so had to have my sleeve stretched. I have had to go back & repeat stage 1 free fluids. So I am not getting anywhere near 60 g of protein a day. My hospital team know this & are ok with it at the mo but I am being monitored.
Milk, eggs, fish, low fat cheese etc are good sources of protein. I was advised to supplement my soups with Marvel milk powder to up my protein levels.
There is so much advice & help here. Have a look at some of the previous threads.
Make sure you are having your daily vits & minerals. Try to not focus on it too much & get into a normal day to day routine.

I am 9 days post-op (how good does it feel to say that!) and have been recommended whey protein powder to keep my protein intake up. I got mine from www.myprotein.co.uk or could be .com, I can't remember offhand but lots of places sell it. This morning I had a fat free strawberry yoghurt, scoop of strawberry protein and a splash of milk whizzed up in the smoothie maker and that is 24g of protein done. Obviously you can do this three times a day or add unflavoured protein powder to soup. It won't be forever, but for now and for the next 4 weeks it's a good plan for me!

Hi hon, welcome :) I'm sorry to hear you're feeling so isolated, you will get tons of support on here. Also, for information, the BOSPA website is very useful and will probably answer quite a few of your questions :)

Back